Chapter 10. The Children I.

Two red-haired children were hiding behind a broken wooden wall while looking in their direction with hungry eyes. They look so pitiful as their body was so skinny and full of dirt.

Cale furrows his brow as his heart aches to see the children who look no older than a toddler around the age of three. He doesn't know why but he felt a weird familiarity with the two of them.

He steps forward toward the children as he extends his hands once he arrives in front of them. The children flinch and hide away behind the wall as they're scared of him.

Kim Rok Soo soon noticed Cale was moving toward the broken wall and follow him.

The siblings who were trying to make a deal with him hurriedly ran over in front of Cale and Kim Rok Soo as they block them from getting any near the wall.

The silver hair girl opens up both of her arms as she stands in front of them with a defensive stare and vicious eyes.

Seeing her action Kim Rok Soo and Cale stop from taking another step. Cale crouches down in front of them as he starts to smile softly.

" Don't worry we're not going to hurt any of you."

Cale said as he pats the girl's silver hair. He pull Kim Rok Soo's shirt slightly and mentioned with his eyes to Kim Rok Soo to give the children a few pieces of bread that they brought.

Kim Rok Soo understanding the sign took out around six wraps of bread and gave them to the silver-haired girl.

After they gave the children the bread they start to walk toward the man-eating tree and dump all the reminding bread inside the black hole under the tree.

Once they finish with the reason they're here, Kim Rok Soo starts to walk back to the slum only to be stopped by a pull on his shirt.

He turns around to see a rather cute scene of Cale looking at him with his lips pressed together and puppy eyes.

"I-can."

" Are you okay Cale? Is there something wrong?"

" T-that is it okay if we bring those children with us?"

Cale stutter as he looks over to the children at the side of the broken wall. Kim Rok Soo turns his gaze following Cale to see four small children eating the bread they have given with faces full of joy.

He turn his gaze back to Cale who was still looking at the children, his eyes full of pity and sadness. But also gentleness as he looks towards the children with a soft smile form on his lips.

Kim Rok Soo seeing Cale's expression felt his heart flutter, he suddenly felt a very strong urge to embrace the beautiful man in front of him but refrain from doing so.

Kim Rok Soo put his hand on the red hair as he slowly pats Cale's soft hair. Although he still have the urge to hug the cute red-haired man, he decided to fight those urge by patting the younger man's hair.

" Sure let's bring them with us, but you have to ask your father for permission later."

Cale softly nodded his head. His face turns bright red and his body turns stiff when he felt Kim Rok Soo's hands patting his head.

" O-Okay..T-then let me go ask if they want to follow us first..."

The red-haired said quickly as he tried to move away from the older man as normally as possible and start to walk toward the children next to the broken wooden wall.

Once he arrives in front of the children Cale crouch down and smiles gently toward the children.

" Hi. My name is Cale and that guy is Kim Rok Soo."

The children flinch at the sudden greeting from the red-haired man but calm down as they saw the beautiful red-haired man smile softly toward them.

" Umm.. h-hello.."

The oldest amongst the children, the silver hair girl stand in front of her little siblings as she responded to the beautiful red hair man.

Seeing the girl look quite cautious of him. Cale decided to sit down on the ground without even giving a thought about his cloth getting dirty from the muddy ground.

" May I know what your name is?"

Cale said with a smile as he extend his hand in form of a handshake. The little girl hesitate for a moment but soon shake the man's hand as she introduced herself.

"M-my name is On a-and this my Dongsheng Hong, Aryan, and Arya."

The three red-haired children hiding behind On nodded their heads as they greets Cale with their small voices.

"H-hello..."

"Hello.."

"Hum.. um.."

Cale smile more sweetly as he thought about how cute these children are.

" Hello, nice to meet you."

Cale greets those children again as he waves his hands toward them. He was sure the children would be suspicious of him if he ask them to follow him home so he decided to get closer to them first.

" Does the bread taste good?"

"Umm"

The silver hair girl nodded her head as she continues to watch Cale.

" That's great I'll bring more tomorrow for you guys so make sure to come here. Okay?"

Cale said as he smile cheerfully at the children.

" A-are you going to bring us more bread tomorrow?"

" Yes. I will. Here lets make a pinky promise."

Cale shows the children his pinky finger to make a promise. The silver hair girl stares at his finger for a long time before she extant her hand and joint their pinky finger together.

The other children look towards the two of them for a second before they also did the same and make a pinky promise with Cale.

Soon after their cute interaction Kim Rok Soo extand his hand toward Cale to pull him up.

Cale sees Kim Rok Soo's action and knows it is time for them to go back.

" Alright then. Let's meet again tomorrow kids, goodbye."

" B-bye-bye.."

***

Follow for more!