Chapter 8. The Vicious Butler.

Cale jumped in fright when he heard Ron's voice. That he quickly let go of Kim Rok Soo's hand.

" Ye-yes come in."

The door opens slowly and the old butler enters the room while holding a tray with a tea set and a cup of water on it. He walks towards the other side of Cale's bed and handover the cup of water to the redhead.

" I have brought some tea for our guest as well, please have a cup sir Kim Rok Soo."

The scary butler said politely with his usual benign smile and pour a cup of honey lemon tea for Kim Rok Soo who could only receive the cup with a trembling heart as he was scared of Ron.

"...thank you."

Kim Rok Soo was hesitant to drink the tea not because he was afraid that there would be poison in it, no, he simply hated sour things to the point he rather drank black coffee than a lemon tea.

Besides he was sure that Ron won't do such thing as putting poison in his drink as the old butler was still not certain about his identity.

That old man is a veteran assassin with a sharp sense and incredible stealth that he could kill him silently without making a sound.

Kim Rok Soo could only swallow his dislike and took a sip of the tea while receiving two different kinds of gazes from the other two people inside the room.

Cale was looking at him with visible pity as he watch Kim Rok Soo, who slowly took a sip of the tea while trying hard not to crinkle his nose in disgust from the sourness of the lemon tea.

Truth to be told, Cale, himself have a sweet tooth and hated sour food so seeing Kim Rok Soo look like he was having a difficult time swallowing the lemon tea, make him realize that he should not be on the old butler's bad side or he would have to drink lemon all his life.

He look to his side where Ron was and saw the old man was looking at both Kim Rok Soo and him with his usual benign smile and thought his eyes look quite vicious as if he was enjoying their reaction.

And Cale thought was right as the old man indeed feel amused by both of their similarities.

At first, Ron decided to tease his puppy Young Master a little bit by giving him the lemon tea, never had he thought that both youngsters would have the same dislike.

' they're similar yet also different.'

Ron still has his suspicion about this so-called, friend of his young master, if he is a member of the secret organization, Arm.

But seeing as the man doesn't seem to know about him or show any sign of hostility, he decided to observe him first and annihilate him when he tried to do any harm toward the young master or anyone in the county.

Ron's eyes turned even sharper as he make his decision, that's why until the black hair man did something that would cause harm to the people who were close to him. He would treat him like a guest should be treated.

" The room for sir Kim Rok Soo to use has been prepared. I shall show you the way."

" Thank you, Sir Ron. Please don't speak so formally toward me, as I am not a noble."

" I apologize. But I can not do such thing as sir is the young master friend. "

Ron slightly bowed toward Kim Rok Soo with his usual benign smile and start walking to the door.

Meanwhile, Kim Rok Soo saw the old butler action stand up from the bed. He extends his hand toward Cale's cheek and caresses it a few times before patting the soft red hair. Cale's face flushes slightly red as he smiled at his Hyung.

" Well, I should get going now, get some rest, Cale. Let's talk again later after you get enough rest."

" Yes. Hyung."

Kim Rok Soo form a small smile when he heard the younger man, called him Hyung. He had wondered multiple times, how could such a lovely boy, be trash. Though he knows why Cale was acting like one, it makes him sad knowing the reason behind it.

" Goodnight Cale, sleep well."

" Hmm. Goodnight Hyung."

After the short exchange, Kim Rok Soo walks toward the door and closes it slowly behind him.

Cale who was finally being left alone, close his eyes and let out a deep sigh. He was thinking about everything that had happened today.

At first, he was just trying to throw a tantrum as he act like his trash self but end up getting stabbed by a broken table on his side accidentally.

Then just when he was trying to get some comfort from his deceased mother, he met Kim Rok Soo who cares for him unconditionally.

Later his father started to care about his well-being. The affection that he stops hoping for from people around him is coming at him. A lot of things happen at once, just by meeting Kim Rok Soo.

Cale felt as if his trash life turn upside down by Kim Rok Soo. But he doesn't feel bad about it, as time goes on he started to feel tired of acting like trash and hurting people's feelings around him.

However, he just doesn't know how to stop acting like one because by acting like trash he was seen, and heard. But also ignored by his relatives who would try to use him for their advantage.

Cale start acting like trash when he was 8 years old. At that time, after his father married his stepmother, he got a new younger brother. Basen Henituse.

He was happy for having a younger brother, but the people around him at that time were not. They were afraid that the boy would take Cale's heir position in the house so they treated him and his mother badly.

Cale seeing their actions are furious because they treated his new family harshly knowing that his father, Deruth was slowly healing from the loss of his wife, Cale's mother, and finding new happiness with his new family.

He was so agitated but there was nothing he could do to help them, he was only an 8 years old boy at that time. So the only thing he could do was by acting like trash.

Cale start curse, complaining, and even throwing a tantrum about every single thing to make him look bad so that all the hate and displease his stepmother and stepbrother were getting were instead directed at him.

And slowly because of his actions, people start to distance themselves from him and started accepting the mother and son into the family.

Cale smiles sadly as he looks down at his hands. Although he laughs at his stupid action he never regrets doing such a thing for Violan and Basen.

If he could turn back the time he would indeed change it and think of something else rather than acting like trash but one thing he won't change is that he is willing to sacrifice anything for the people he considered family.

Even if it costs his life.

***

Follow for more!