Chapter 9. The Indestructible Shield I.

It has been two days since Kim Rok Soo arrive here. According to the novel, a few days before meeting the main character, Cale was drinking and causing a ruckus.

He was flinging things around and got stabbed on his side by a broken desk leg, resulting in the scar.

Which had happened two days ago, if Kim Rok Soo hadn't met Cale the other day he would had decided to just ignore the novel plot and live his life somewhere far away from all the war that would happen and the main character.

But seeing Cale was different from what he was described as, trash, Kim Rok Soo decided to stop him from being beaten up to pulp by the main character, Choi Han.

However to do that he need to prepare himself, although he was stronger now than when he was the team leader as he turn much younger, he was still far weaker than Choi Han.

Choi Han was a swordmaster and he had survived in the Forest Of Darkness for hundreds of years, which was filled with a lot of strong and mutants monster.

There's no way Kim Rok Soo would be able to stop him with his strength. Even if he was to use the word with him it would be useless as the man was not in his right mind after the Harris villagers were slaughtered.

At first, Kim Rok Soo thought about stopping the incident from happening but by the time he arrives here in this place, the incident took place.

That's why he decided to use another method, and that is by requiring an ancient power he got information about from the novel. The Indestructible Shield.

Kim Rok Soo had started his move yesterday by going out buying all bread he could get from the bakery and feeding the black tree located on the hill at the end of the slum.

He had also been keeping his eyes on Cale to make sure he won't be acting like trash as, Kim Rok Soo caught onto the fact that Cale seems to hesitate to show him, his trash side.

And because of that, the estate was rather peaceful compared to before as the trash of the count family was quiet. This makes all the servants who are working in the estate happy and grateful to Kim Rok Soo.

They treated him nicely and although it was only a small number, there are quite a few numbers of servants who start to treat Cale with more care than before.

Kim Rok Soo was now on his way to the bakery with Cale tagging along. At first, he wants to go alone but thinks about how much his money which is given to him by the Count was left from yesterday's spending.

He decided to bring Cale with him.

"So where are we going now hyung?"

Cale asks the older man as he walks beside him while ignoring the dislike and scared look of the merchant and citizens. He was used to those looking to the point he's numb to it, besides it was his fault as to why they treated him this way.

Every time he visit one of the shops he would always break something that's why the merchant hate him.

But there's nothing they could do about it as he is the count family's firstborn son and the County always compensate them back for any damages Cale cause.

Kim Rok Soo who saw all the hated stares Cale was getting from the people felt bad for Cale. He knows although Cale look like he was fine, deep down he was sure Cale are lonely and upset.

So he brings his hand to Cale's head and pats it before putting his hand over Cale's shoulder and bringing him closer. This was so that the attention shift to him rather than the red-haired.

Cale blush slightly as he felt their body touch each other but keep quiet about it as he was not against the warm embrace.

"We're going to get some bread and feed a glutton tree."

"Glutton tree?"

" Yes. Cale do you know about ancient powers?"

" I do but only a little because it's hard to find it, you would need an incredible luck just to find one."

" That's true but you see ancient powers always located at a place that either related to the previous owner or with unusual things happening around it."

" And? "

" Remember the black man-eating tree on the hill at the end of the slum. "

" Yes. A lot of rumors going on about it. "

" There's an ancient power laid there. "

" Ancient power? How would you know about it? "

" Well, like I said ancient powers are located at a place that is either related to the previous owner or with unusual things happening around it."

Cale looked up to Kim Rok Soo with interest as he was curious about it.

"so when I heard the rumors going on about the tree, I tried to check it out and found some weird black hole underneath the tree. "

" So there's was an ancient power there?"

" Yes. That's why we're going to take it."

The red-haired man looked at Kim Rok Soo with awe. He thought about how Kim Rok Soo was not only good-looking but also smart. This thought makes him blush a little as he quickly looks down to hide his flushing face.

But Kim Rok Soo saw it right away and a small smile formed on his face as he look gently at the cute young master.

After they brought two sacks of bread from the bakery, Kim Rok Soo and Cale walk into the slum.

Once they arrived at the hill where the black man-eating tree was, they met two children with red hair and silver hair sitting near the wall surrounding the tree.

Seeing them Kim Rok Soo took out two bags of bread and gave them to the children. He had met the children yesterday when he tried to approach the tree.

They're warning him not to go near the tree if he doesn't want to get eaten, feeling agitated with the constant yelling of the children he bribe them with bread to keep their mouth shut.

" Here. Remember you don't see anything today as well "

Kim Rok Soo gave the bread to the silver hair girl as she is the older one between the two but instead of taking the bag of bread quickly like they did yesterday, the silver hair girl only stared at him before lifting four fingers.

He immediately understood the meaning behind her four fingers.

' this girl sure is smart, she knows how to do business.'

A smirk forms on Kim Rok Soo's face as he stares at the young girl's hand, right at that moment the younger one between the two siblings chimes in.

" Y-you need t-to give us a-another two bags b-because t-there's four of us who k-knew!"

Despite hiding behind his sister's back and stuttering, the boy looks up at both Kim Rok Soo and Cale with determination.

Cale watches the interaction between Kim Rok Soo and the children with confusion, when suddenly from the corner of his eyes two small figures with red hair similar to his catch his attention.

'Huh...?'

***

Follow for more!

A Life Ahead Of Us ( Tcf Fanfic )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें