Chapter 40. A Typical Villain II.

As expected, the other party knew of Cale. Venion was not someone who had an easy life in reaching the heir position.

The problem was that he was a quite a bit rude.

“Mm.”

Venion Stan was the type that could gently smile at you, but you still feel nothing but disgust for him.

“I have not had any reason to come to this area, and have only heard stories, but I heard there was someone in the Count’s family who was a free spirit and did not seem like a noble.”

Venion smiled as he observed Cale. It was a very annoying look, as if he was trying to start something.

“I heard that young master Basen Henituse had been taking part in all of the gatherings of the nobles since last year-.”

‘Why ask something you already know about?’

Cale was not talented in these kinds of small talk. That was why he smiled brightly and respectfully answered.

“Yes. I am indeed that trash.”

Trash. The moment that word personally came out of Cale’s mouth, Venion’s lackey flinched.

“One of the trashiest of all of the trash probably.”

The corner of Venion’s mouth started to twist up. His expression seemed to say that he had never seen such a crazy person before, but Cale did not care.

Kim Rok Soo observe Venion as he act like a respectable noble man.

Marquis Stan was someone who was strong enough to lead a faction, but Venion could not do as he pleased with other nobles until he was officially proclaimed as the future successor of the Marquis title.

A Marquis would normally officially proclaim a child as their successor in order to provide protection to that child, as well as have that child start building their network at an early age.

However, Marquis Stan had not done that yet.

‘There are still three other children.’

Venion had two younger sisters and one younger brother. The Marquis enjoyed watching the competition between the siblings.

Venion enjoyed watching the Black Dragon being tortured in order to destress from the competition with his siblings.

The Marquis considered the competition between his children to be like an exciting sport.

Naturally, the crippled eldest son was the result of this competition.

It was a completely crazy household.

‘The Henituse family is an extremely great family in comparison.’

“You’re a very interesting person.”

Venion just casually responded to Cale’s statement. The wealthy Count, who resided in the outskirts of the northeast without being a part of any faction.

Who would try to develop a relationship with that family? If anything, people would just be greedy to take that land as their own.

However, Venion didn’t like Cale as a person. The trash eldest son and a pretty smart younger son.

Knowing about Cale and Basen’s relationship made Venion think of his own older brother when looking at Cale.

However, Venion kept up the act of a proper noble, and handed the reigns of this incident to Cale.

“An unexpected obstacle has made me waste time, but I guess it was a pretty good thing since I got to make your acquaintance, young master Cale.”

An unexpected obstacle. Venion was referring to the old man.

He was disappointed at the fact that his time was wasted because of this old man, and wanted to finish this on a happy note.

“But it looks like you need to teach your subordinate to clearly distinguish between the people who have the right to travel across this road and this earth, as well as the people who have the right to make them stop.”

As a well-known Marquis’s unofficial successor, this was the most he could do to the trash of a Count’s family.

His tone was saying that, although they were both young masters, their statuses were completely different.

Of course, Cale was quietly listening, but he wasn’t the type to pay attention to a dog’s yapping.

Venion finished what he had to say and looked toward the most uncomfortable looking person in the group.

Plop.

The old man kneeled on the ground once Venion looked in his direction and bowed his head.

“M, my apologies.”

The hands of the old man, who was bowing so low that his head could touch the ground, were shaking. Choi Han’s hands were shaking as he watched the old man apologize.

Each territory’s residents would be shaped by the personality of the reigning noble.

With the Viscount of this territory being one of Marquis Stan’s dogs, they were also very authoritative and looked down on the commoners.

The corners of Venion’s lips started to go up. He was satisfied. After observing Venion, Cale called out to him.

“Young master Venion.”

Once Venion turned his head, Cale asked him a question.

“Are you done?”

“…I am.”

Cale crouched down. His expensive clothes started to touch the ground. He then looked toward the shaking hands of the old man.

Kim Rok Soo also crouched down next to the old man as he noticed the chilling aura behind them.

‘It’ll be dangerous if this continues.’

Kim Rok Soo was certain that he heard it.

“Huuuuuuuu~.”

The sound of Choi Han taking a deep breath. That had to be the sound of him holding back his anger.

The moment Kim Rok Soo heard it, he could feel chills on the back of his neck, and felt that if this continued any longer, the one to get beaten to a pulp would not be his sweetheart, but Venion.

It didn’t matter to him whether or not Venion was beaten to a pulp, but Choi Han could not punch a noble while he was associated with Cale.

If he do, it would be his sweetheart responsibility.

Cale put a hand on the old man’s shoulder. Venion’s eyebrow started to twitch.

A noble’s hand was on a commoner’s shoulder.

“Old man.”

The old man seemed to be extremely shocked as he lifted his head to look at Cale.

“Y, yes?”

Cale casually asked.

“Where’s the bar?”

“Excuse me?”

“Where can I get some delicious alcohol? As you’ve heard, I am trash. I don’t feel refreshed in the morning if I don’t have something to drink. I need to drink to make sure tomorrow is another great day. So.”

Cale lifted the old man’s upper body up with his hyung helping him on the other side, as he continue his words.

Venion, who had been watching Cale, quietly judged Cale and shook his head after hearing Cale mention alcohol.

“Lead the way.”

***

Follow for more!