Chapter 14. Meeting V.

The man who was wincing in pain while looking like one of the homeless that lived in the slums. Kim Rok Soo could see the shaggy black hair and the old and burnt clothes.

According to the novel, Cale and Choi Han would meet tomorrow. Tonight was the night Cale got drunk. Things were already different than in the novel, even though it was just minor details.

Kim Rok Soo was about to approach the kittens when a certain red head beat him to it. Cale was crouching in front of the kittens with visible concern written all over his face.

He tried to touch the kittens only to be hiss back by them.

Kim Rok Soo glanced over towards Choi Han who must have felt his gaze from a few moments ago, as Choi Han slowly raised his head and his eyes focused on both of them through his shaggy black hair.

‘Damn it, I’m shaking.’

Kim Rok Soo could hear his heart going crazy.

Although it was too dark to see clearly, Choi Han’s eyes that Kim Rok Soo could see through his hair were extremely cold. Kim Rok Soo lamenting at the fact that he chose not to drink the alcohol.

Kim Rok Soo scold himself for making such a decision and tried his best to calmed himself down as much as possible. Jab. He needed to launch a jab and leave a good first impression.

Kim Rok Soo took a deep breath as he started to speak to Choi Han who was staring at him.

“You look like you are hungry.”

Kim Rok Soo crouch down beside Cale and took the chicken breast out of the bag.

Then with an extremely gentle movement, Kim Rok Soo offered the roasted chicken breast to Cale as he slowly fed the kittens.

“You poor things. Go ahead and eat it.”

Cale said gently towards the kittens as he offered them the roasted chicken breast. He hope that they could eat the chicken breast since the kittens were rather small.

He slowly ripped the chicken breast into pieces with Kim Rok Soo helping him by his side so that the kittens could eat it better.

While Kim Rok Soo on the other hands was wondering what the hell he was doing crouching here feeding these kittens.

To be honest, Kim Rok Soo did not like cats.
However, Choi Han treasured small animals so in order to gain the favor of the insanely strong main protagonist he had to show his good side.

Grrooooowl. Groooooowl.

The injured kitten must have understood Kim Rok Soo’s dislike for cats, as it showed its teeth and started to growl, but Cale started to pet the kitten’s silver fur as he looked into its golden eyes.

The kitten must have liked it, as it did not avoid Cale’s hand nor did it growl towards him like it did to Kim Rok Soo.

“You poor things. Eat this and get better soon.”

Kim Rok Soo said as he continues to shedder the chicken breast into a small pieces.

He didn’t even look at Choi Han when he said that, however, he was thinking that Choi Han was definitely looking at him.

“Do you have somewhere to go?”

Cale turned his attention towards his hyung when he heard the question.

The moment their eyes met Kim Rok Soo sent him a signal and he understood it immediately as he knows the person they're picking up are the injured black haired man who sitting against the city wall.

Kim Rok Soo did not hear a response. However, he continued to speak. The guards would soon come to patrol this area, and he needed to make a move before Choi Han started to limp away to avoid the guards.

“Or a place to stay?”

Cale petted the silver furred kitten with golden eyes and pushed away the red kitten that was trying to attack Kim Rok Soo. The red kitten kept trying to hit Kim Rok Soo for some reason.

It’s golden eyes, that matched its sibling’s eyes, shined brightly even in the darkness.

But Kim Rok Soo needed to focus on Choi Han.

“Are you hungry?”

There still was no response. Kim Rok Soo had expected this. Choi Han was probably observing him right now, but he also probably wanted to rest. Both his body and mind had reached their limit.

In addition, he had received a huge shock just the other day. For someone like Choi Han who had lived on his own without any human contact other than the villagers of that small village, Western City was completely foreign to him.

He may have lived for tens of years already, but he was still young.

“Are you not going to say anything?”

“…Why are you talking to me?”

Choi Han finally seemed to have decided that he and Cale was weak.

Cale was weak enough that he could easily kill him even though he was at his limits and Kim Rok Soo, on the other hand might be slightly stronger than the average people but he felt like it would still be easy to kill him.

That was why Choi Han felt that it would be okay to accept Kim Rok Soo's good will even though he had no idea why Kim Rok Soo was being nice to him.

Kim Rok Soo stood up and walked toward Choi Han. The guards would soon come patrolling through this location.

“Hey.”

He could see Choi Han’s situation better once he got closer. He was a mess.

However, maybe it was because he was the main character, but his eyes were clear. The black hair and black pupils that showed that Choi Han was Korean were actually quite nice to see.

That was why Kim Rok Soo smiled as he decided to reveal his identity to Choi Han as he casually spoke to Him.

The best first impression was to be the one who provides delicious food.

Follow me. I’ll feed you.

Once he heard those words, Choi Han eyes became large as he stare at Kim Rok Soo in shocked.

***

Follow for more!