2. Missing Manjiri Track (II)

Part 2: Regretful Arohi and Angry Abhi

The day had been eventful for Dr. Abhimanyu Birla for all the wrong reasons. It started well. He remembered rushing to the hospital all excited for the Ganpati Puja- their second rasm. He wanted it to be as flawless as his Akshu but Abhi ko pta nahi kyun har khushi adhi milti hai.

First, Akshu got into trouble with the goons. That made him fume but she made sure they got out of it without a fight. But then Aarohi had to go ahead and poison the happiness. He refused to trust that girl despite what anyone said. Aarohi had said so many lies confidently in the past that he believed she will never have his faith. His panic at the situation that if Aarohi refused to accept his relationship with Akshu, it would make Akshu give up on him again made him react the worst way possible yet his heart knew that he genuinely controlled a lot of his anger. He even got mad at Akshu for being so trusting.

Then the worst happened. His maa, his life went missing. The entire time he was panicking. Seeing the dead body made his brain think of endless negative thoughts when he got the phonecall.

His mother had actually fainted near a hay stack. She had fasted that day for his happiness. The stress of what happened at the temple, the heat of sun paired with her empty stomach made her lose consciousness. She was bought to a hospital nearby but her phone got lost in the hay. The moment she woke up she had asked for someone to lend her a phone and called her son.

Abhi remembered the relief that spread in his entire being when he heard her voice. He had rushed home where Mahima had already bought her sister. He hugged his maa and cried till Neil reminded him that Manjiri must rest. Manjiri apologized for worrying them but everyone shushed her. They were beyond happy that nothing fatal had happened. Even Harsh couldn't bring himself to say anything mean.

As Manjiri went to rest, Kairav and Akshara decided to take leave. This is when Abhi caught a glimpse of something red on her head. He didn't see properly but it looked like a bump, an injury. After tending to his mother, he went into his room. He was beyond tired but sleep was far away. His mind kept circling back to the redness around Akshu's head. She wore her hair differently, it covered a side of her head completely but he was almost sure it was an injury. Did his clumsy methidana fall again?

A: Aise toh mai pagal ho jaunga. Kahin sach me chot hui toh? Meri gharelu doctor ne ilaj bhi kiya hoga ya nahi. Sabka dard dikhta hai isse but khudke mamle me bohot careless hai.

He decided to go check and this bought him to his hone-wala sasural - carefully climbing the ladder that led to Akshara's window. Yes, he was her fiancé but he still did not feel comfortable marching into her house and ringing the bell at midnight. He would have called her but as always, the war between his methidana and her phone was on. He could have waited the night any other day but not today when his mind was this restless.

Abhimanyu grabbed the window frame and pulled himself up. He was about to enter when he saw a sight that froze him. Akshara was laying on the bed, asleep. She was still in her black attire that she wore in the day. Maybe she was too tired to change but that wasn't that strange. What was strange was that Arohi was kneeling besides her applying a cream on her head while sobbing.

A: Ye Aarohi Akshu ke sath...aise? Maine kya galat samjha hai isse.?.itni bhi buri nahi jitna maine samjha...apni behen ki kuch toh fikra hai isse..

He smiled. Knowing that Akshu was being cared after, he decided to climb down without disturbing the two girls when Arohi spoke, her words making him stop.

Ar: I am so sorry Akshu. So so sorry. Please mujhe maaf kr de..meri wajah se aaj tere saath ye..

Abhi's eyes widened as he stilled. Waiting to hear more.

Ar: Maine tujhe kitna hurt kiya hai...aaj bhi tujhe ye chot meri wajah se lagi...mai bhi apni hi dhun me rehti hoon...itni bewakoof hoon...tu kitna rok rahi mujhe pr maine sunna nahi...pta hai ek dog ko chot lagi thi, uska maine ilaj krwa diya, he'll be fine. Aur tu, Last time bhi meri wajah se teri jaan jaate jaate bachi aur aaj bhi....tujhe kuch ho jata toh mai khud ko kabhi maaf nahi kr paati.... Tu bohot acchi hai Akshu, us din ke accident ke baad bhi tune kissi ko nahi bataya aur aaj bhi ye baat sabse chupai...mai bina baat ke tujhe blame krti hoon aur tune baat hote hue bhi... I am sorry, ab bs pr....kl se teri ye behen tujhe aur tang nahi karegi, I'll be the sister you deserve.

Arohi placed the cream in the first aid box and pecked Akshu's head. She decided to leave the room and go to the backyard to clear her head. Abhimanyu got out of his trance when he heard the door shut. His eyes moist, face shining with disbelief.

Taking a deep breath, he entered the room and went towards his ever-loving Akshu. A white cream was applied on her head, it must have been a big bump. He caressed her hair away and thought about Arohi's words. Anger bursting through his veins. Akshu had been in an accident today! If he had not come in today, he would have never known! He looked away. Akshu had an accident before that she hid about. 'Jaan jaate jaate bachi..' His eyes widened in realization. Was it the day he had acted out in front of her on his mehendi with Aarohi?

He recalled  all the pain and dread he felt looking at Akshu on the stretcher. She was fighting life and he was fighting along. He got nightmares for days! Aarohi had a hand in it and Akshu never mentioned it.

Abhi knew Arohi was important to Akshu but every time he was left stunned by the depth of Akshu's love for Arohi. She got hurt today as well. What if it had been major?

A: Kyun? Kyun? Kyun krti ho aise Akshu. Aise to mai mar jaunga. Tumhe khudka, mera...kisika koi khayal nahi hai na...Ek Arohi ke liye tum sbse baat chupa skti ho? Tumhari behen iska aadha bhi tumhare liye krti hoti toh bhi mai samjhta ....

He clenched his jaw. He felt so many emotions at once. Helplessness, pain, anger...most prominent was anger. Anger at Akshu for hiding these things. It was the least intense because even angry Abhi was not capable of holding anything against Akshu but the anger he felt at himself for failing to see so much that happened around his Akshu's life and his anger at Aarohi was something else! Burning intense that could scare away the scariest demons.

.............................

So this is the direction I am hoping upcoming week's track would take. With a safe Manjiri and a willing-to-reform Arohi. With Abhi made aware of Akshu's accident and though I don't have hopes from makers, I still wish it would bring up the Mehendi accident too.

Should I go for a part 3 or leave it open ended like this?

xoxo