55. Pregnant Akshu: 6.1 (TS)

Timeline- Akshara is almost at the end of second trimester and heading towards her last.

...

Abhimanyu Birla wrapped up his work as fast as possible for a doctor of his name and position. He delegated the remaining work to his team and left for home. On his way, he spotted some fruit-sellers.

Abhimanyu: Akshu ko berries khane ka bohot mn krna hai, lete chalta hoon.

He bought some berries and headed home. He parked his bike in front of the house when he sensed some movement. He sceptically scanned the area and kept the packet on the steps. He looked around and found a man lingering in a corner. He had never seen him before. Abhimanyu went near him and enquired.

Abhimanyu: Tum kon ho?

The man looked at him with wide eyes. He gulped in fear. He had been warned beforehand.

Abhimanyu: Oh hello! Tumse baat kr raha hoon. Kon ho? Yahan kya kr rahe ho?

Abhimanyu felt something hit his back.

Confused, he looked and saw it was basket, hanging! He looked at the man who pointed up. Abhimanyu saw that the man had been standing under his room's window and a basket had been lowered out from it now. He noticed the packet in his hands and snatched it. Bhel Puri!!.. It did not take a sharp man like him to break down what had happened.

'Jaldi Jaldi rakho na bhaiya!! Paisa bhi basket me hi hai..'

He heard the soft and impatient voice of his wife. She tugged the basket and felt it was weightless still.

'kya hai bhaiya! Koi aa jayega... Jaldi!'

Abhimanyu pursed his lips to hide his amusement. He took the parcel from the man and gestured at him to leave. The man nodded and was about to leave when Abhimanyu held him back.

Abhimanyu: (speaks slowly) Aap yahan tk aa gaye they to ye parcel le liya hai maine but next time se iss ghar ki taraf dekha bhi na toh-

Delivery man: Arey kabhi nahi Sir, jaane do.....

Abhimanyu let him go. The man ran away muttering- ' Didi ne toh pehle hi kaha tha ek admi se bachkr rehne...'

Abhimanyu looked up at his window. His wife was still shouting in a low voice for the food. He went and bought the berries parcel. Keeping that instead, he stood there. He saw the basket getting pulled up.

Akshara: Thank You bhaiya!

Abhimanyu winced but stood. After two minutes.

Akshara: Arey ye kiska order de diya!? Wai-

She peeped out of the window and gulped. Her husband stood there with his arms crossed, staring at her with a raised brow. Akshara quietly lowered her head back in and shut the window like a kid hiding away after his mischief had come to light.

Abhimanyu entered the house after that. Manjiri greeted him. It was usual for Abhimanyu to come in early and it made her happy.

Manjiri: Aa gaya? Chal hath mu dho le...Akshu ke bhi shaam ke naste ka time ho raha hai, tum dono saath me kr lena. Lunch ke baad liya hi nahi usne kuch..

Abhimanyu: kaise leti? Iski jagah jo banana thi-

Manjiri looked into the parcel and was surprised to see its content.

Manjiri: waah Abhi!! Aaj tu uske liye ye chaat laya hai...accha hai, kitna man krta hai uska ye sb khane ka.

Abhimanyu: Mai nahi laya maa...apki bahu ne mangwaya tha kissi se..pta nahi kbse kr rahi hai aise.