38. Goodbye (OS)

This one shot is a take on the entire 'who will be the CEO' situation. Enjoy!

................

At Birla Hospital

'I have no issues with Parth Birla being appointed as the CEO' Abhimanyu's voice rang clear from the recorder. Mahima smirked and looked at Anand who smiled back. Her plan had been successful! She had tricked Abhimanyu into saying something she had wanted. She turned to the board and distorted the dialogue that Abhimanyu had just said.

Mahima: This recording is from our meeting earlier. As you guys heard, Abhimanyu wants Dr. Parth to be the CEO. I know aap sb usse dekhna chahte ho and kuch log hai jo uski wife ko dekhna chahte hai but Dr. Parth is a better choice.

Anand: Correct! Aur Akshara to yahan kaam bhi nahi krti. She works elsewhere and Abhimanyu is not interested so the person we should go with is Dr. Parth.

The duo highlighted how Parth is a doctor. The board was skeptic and despite a suggestion for Akshara, the popular choice was Abhimanyu- top surgeon and the face of Birla hospitals. However, now that he had clearly stated Parth's name, they accepted the choice.

Abhimanyu himself was never interested in power and knew well that Akshara had no interest in this position either. She could have agreed to be on the board but never as a CEO. For Abhimanyu, Neil was his choice. Neil had worked in the management and was passionate about it. Parth wanted a different career altogether. Then, Mahima blamed him for being partial and having personal problems with Parth. This led to a small argument and ultimately Abhimanyu saying he had no issues with Parth. Mahima cleverly used this to her advantage!

The board decided to appoint Parth and the meeting was dismissed.

...............

It was announced the next day that Parth Birla will take over Harshvardhan's position soon. This news spread like wildfire. Many opined how Abhimanyu himself or Neil would be a better choice as they never saw Parth at the hospital. The old staff knew him but they also knew how much Parth hated the hospital. Mahima scolded a few nurses when she got a whiff of this gossip and told how Abhimanyu appointed Parth. This was the next hot gossip then.

Dr. Arohi heard this news with a passive face. She was somewhere happy that Abhimanyu's position had not gotten any stronger than it already was. She picked up a coffee mug and sighed. Then, she fixed herself a sad face and walked upto Neil who was sitting looking at an inventory file.

Arohi: Coffee?

Neil looked surprised and took the cup.

Neil: Thanks! Why though?

Arohi: Nothing, I thought you'd want to talk. Specially since what happened....

She looked down with a sober expression.

Neil: what happened?

Arohi: Oh! You don't know..sorry..I-

Arohi acted as if she did not want to tell. Neil insisted and she told him how Abhimanyu picked Parth for Harshvardhan's position.

Arohi: Maine kaha tha na, tumhe wahi samajh skta hai jisne khud aisa kuch feel kiya ho....Abhimanyu ke liye tum sautele bhai hi ho...Parth uska cousin hai pr apna hai...tbhi to, tum yahan kaam krte ho, Harsh uncle tumhare papa hai, phir bhi usne Parth ka naam liya...tumhara kyu nahi?? He himself doesn't care about power lekin tumhare papa ki kursi pr tumhara hi haq hai na....aise tumse tumhara haq nahi lena chahiye tha...

Arohi instigated Neil. Neil had heard this from her many times that Abhimanyu didn't consider him like his own but Neil ignored it. This time, she had supported her argument with an incident so he could not deny. He felt bad and angry at Abhimanyu.