26. Jethani-Devarani (I)

The Perfect Rishta : ShefalixAkshara

Akshara and Abhimanyu had the most beautiful, fairytale wedding. Like fairytales, it had a few ups and downs but the ending was magical. However this ending was their happy beginning- starting a new life as partners.

Everyone witnessed the two start living together happily. Abhira's faces would glow and they were always in a good mood, always looking out for each other. At Birla Mansion, nobody had seen a couple that loved and cared for each other the way Abhira did.

One day, everyone was sitting at the breakfast table when Abhimanyu rushed down. Akshara, who was in the kitchen with Manjiri saw this and started to prepare his coffee, just the way he liked it. At the table, their eyes always found a way to each other and the moment they would meet, an involuntary smile would appear on their faces.

Parth Birla was sitting right in front of them and would notice their small acts of love. How Akshara would make sure she gave him an extra serving of things he liked. He had noticed them around the house too. They were really in sync. Akshara spent a lot of time in the kitchen, perfecting everything Abhimanyu liked. She would make sure the staff packed their lunches together so that she could have it with him. He once caught Abhimanyu scolding her because she did not eat on time simply because he was unavailable to eat with her at that time.

Akshara was devoted to her job at the hospital and Abhimanyu but she also tried to be there for everyone in the house. After Abhimanyu, she had the strongest bond with Manjiri- she was really her daughter at this point. She had great tuning with Neil and Nishtha. Even with the elders who were egoistic and mean- she was polite and stayed warm.

He sighed and looked to his left. His wife was sitting with a phone in her hand. Nishtha was trying to get her attention but when Shefali paid none, she turned to Akshara who beamed at Nishtha and urged her to go on. Nishtha grew excited and started telling her about everything. This was a bond he wanted his wife to have with his sister.

After breakfast, Nishtha hugged Akshara and rushed out for school. Neil went out to meet a friend and Manjiri went to the temple. The other senior birlas and Abhira left for the hospital. Parth turned to Shefali and pulled her closer. She smiled at him. Parth traced the outline of her face and held her jaw. She bit her lips and looked into his eyes. Suddenly, her eyes widened. She moved out of his grip and checked the time.

Shefali: Shit! Parth. I am very late! Mai kaise? Oh god! I must leave now..

She rushed to grab her bag and called for the driver. Parth fisted his palm and studied her. She was all bothered about her job but not them!

Parth: Bs kaam kaam kaam...aur koi kaam nahi iske siva?

Shefali: (turned to him confused) excuse me?

Parth: Sahi keh raha hoon mai...aisi kaisi job hai tumhari ? Sara office ka kaam tumhi krti ho kya? Ek chutti lene ka bolo to aise react krti ho jaise kidney mang li ho.. Normal days toh chod do...tum to occasions pr bhi hundred percent attention nahi de skti ghar ho..

Shefali: (rolls her eyes) Not this again! subah subah mt shuru ho jao...

Parth: Meri baat to bakwas hi lagegi...tum jao...

Shefali looked at Parth. She felt angry and frustrated. What would it take from Parth to be a little more supportive? She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself dowm.

Shefali: Parth! This is not how I want to start my day.

Parth: Right because you'd rather wake up directly at your office!

Shefali: What? No! I don't want to start it arguing with you.

Parth: We wouldn't be arguing if you acted a little normal. If you'd just pay attention to me and our house..like-