58. Pregnant Akshu: 8 (OS)

Disclaimer: Longer than originally planned.

........

Note: Pregnancy month seven.

........

'I miss you' said Abhimanyu for the nth time.

'Haan Haan pta hai!' replied Akshara while rolling her eyes.

Abhimanyu had to go away to Jaipur in a hurry for an emergency surgery. One of his old patients had suddenly collapsed. His condition got rather complicated so the doctors there requested Abhimanyu's presence.

Abhimanyu had never been away from Akshara ever since he found out she was pregnant. Yes, he did go to work but he had considerably cut down his work load to be with her. Moreover, Birla Hospital was where Akshara worked as well so he'd always keep an eye on her. He was anxious. He had never spent a night without her all these months! He was worrying with many what ifs but he knew his patient's life was at stake so he went but not before giving her a humungous list of what not to do and what to do. Everyone in the house and hospital were under strict instructions too. They found it funny but knew better than to tease him when he was already feeling this anxious.

Now, he was at Jaipur, waiting in a temporary cabin while the operation theatre was getting prepared for surgery and some tests were being done. He called his wife and mentioned how much he missed her. At first she replied with love, told him she missed him too but as he kept mentioning how much he missed her, she grew tired of responding to the same thing.

Abhimanyu: Kitni mean ho na tum??

Akshara: Yeah yeah, now go cry a river!

Abhimanyu: Chid kyu rahi ho itna!!

Akshara: Mai nahi chidti!! Tum Chidku ho...samjhe na!!!

Akshara huffed and sat down with a pout.

Abhimanyu: Arey baith kyu gayi??! Chalti raho, walk khtm hone me 5 minute hai...

Akshara: chill!!

Abhimanyu: I am chill...listen-

Akshara: ABHI!!!!

Abhimanyu: Kya hua??? Sb thik hai na???!!..A-

Akshara: Mujhe abhi abhi kuch realise hua....

Abhimanyu: KYA?

Akshara: Tum chidku ho!!! Baby bhi tumhari tarah chidku hua toh!?!?!?

Abhimanyu: hash! Toh ye baat thi! Mai toh dr hi gaya.....ek second-

He breathed in relief before frowning at his wife's face on the phone. She gave him a sweet smile.

Abhimanyu: Ye chidku chikdu kya lga rakha hai?? Aur mujhpr gaya baby to kya issue hai...accha hai na- meri tarah strong hoga, apni mumma se bohot pyaar karega-

Akshara: hmm...gussa bhi karega...

Abhimanyu: tumpr toh kabhi nahi krta mai-

A nurse knocked at his cabin informing him that the OT was ready and junior doctors were waiting with the vitals and reports. Abhimanyu advised Akshara to rest well and follow her routine before ending the call.

Akshara looked at the blank screen on her phone. Abhimanyu had left in a hurry early morning. At that time, she had enjoyed his absence. She never thought she'd say it, but she enjoyed the small break from his constant instructions and care. Her day went by smoothly at the house and then the hospital. The staff always pampered her, more so in Abhimanyu's absence as they all felt responsible for her. At home, the Birla children cared for her a lot but the one person overly protective of Akshara after Abhimanyu was Harshvardhan. He did maintain distance but cared a lot too.