24. Bonds (I)

Part 1

Scene: After Abhira wedding | Same night

.............................

'Akshu?'

Kairav spoke, his voice soft. His sister looked up immediately, hearing him despite his low voice and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around her as she sobbed. He patted her head and looked up, his teary eyes meeting Abhimanyu's. His brother-in-law quietly took his spectacles out and cleaned it from the fabric of his sherwani-dupatta and made him wear it again. With proper vision restored, he realised Abhimanyu's eyes were just as moist. Truly, Abhimanyu could not see his sister sad. Akshara's tears made Abhimanyu emotional too. Kairav looked up at the starry night.

Kairav: (in mind) Abhimanyu Akshu ka bohot dhyan rakhega papa-mumma.. perfect partner milla hai humari Akshu ko..

Abhimanyu: Akshu...bs baba...tum itna royogi to mujhe lagega ki tum mujhse shaadi krke sad ho..

Akshara let out a chuckle despite her tears.

Akshara: Bidai me toh sb rote hai Abhi...

Abhimanyu: Sb se mujhe kya lena dena? Mera jisse mtlb hai vo ho tum...tumhe nahi dekh skta rote hue..

Akshara gave him a smile feeling very lucky. She had already bid her good bye to everyone else in the family. Goenkas were emotional as they sent their Kaira's daughter away to her new family. Birlas stood near the entrance to take their Bahu home.

Harshvardhan: Bohot time lg raha hai bhaisahab...abhi sbko rest bhi krna hai...subah Udaipur ke liye bhi nikalna h..

Mahima: Iska koi mahurat nahi hai kya?

Anand: Chup kro dono! Thoda bhi sabra nahi hai..

Anand finally said, trying to shut up the two so-called adults in his family who kept whispering their annoyance, annoying him in the process. The rest of the Birlas- the better ones, stood a step ahead. Manjiri in the front. Eager to take her daughter home. Neil and Parth were super excited for Abhimanyu. Nishtha and Shefali were looking forward to this as well.

Kairav: Abhimanyu- tumhari permission ho toh ek baat kahun?

Abhimanyu: Kairav itne formal kyu ho rahe ho? Aaj rishta pakka hua hai...haq se bollo..

Kairav: Mai- vo mai Akshu ko thodi der ke liye le jaa skta hoon?

Manish: Kya? Beta is time?...bidai ho rahi h...

Harshvardhan: Ye kya naya hai? Hum kbse wait kr rahe hai...

Mahima: Haan, aur phir rest krke subah Udaipur ke liye bhi nikalna hai...waise bhi kuch hi ghante h..

Kairav: (nodded) Sorry- vo mai..I am sorry..

He kissed Akshu's head and hugged her one more time.

Akshara: Sorry bhaiya...

Kairav: Teri kya galti? Aur sb sahi keh rahe h..

Akshara wanted to say more but she knew her new family won't like it. Akshara always considered everyone's emotions around her and these were her first few moments as a Birla. She did not want to start them with trying to protest against their wishes. So, she nodded as Harshvardhan called the two over.

She felt a hand slip around her shoulders and smiled at her husband. It felt different and yet, it was the same. It was them! Abhira! But they meant something more now.

.........................

Manjiri welcomed Abhira at Birla's side of the palace and did the couples' arti.