51. Pregnant Akshu: 3 (OS)

Akshara's giggles filled Abhimanyu's cabin as he peppered her stomach with kisses. She was sitting on the couch while he sat on his knees near her.

Akshara: (between laughs) Stop!! Abhiiiiiiii...It tickles!!

Abhimanyu: Tumhe kya problem hai? Apne baby ko kiss kr raha hoon.......

Akshara: waah!! Abhi se bhool gaye mujhe?

Abhimanyu: Aww....to ye baat hai? Mere methidane ko jalan ho rahi hai ?

Akshara: what ? aisa nahi hai!

Abhimanyu: Arey! Abhi solve kr deta hoon.......

He leaned over her and started pecking her whole face. Akshara continued to giggle as her husband showered her with love. Soon she became breathless and Abhimanyu stopped. He rested his face on her forehead.

Abhimanyu: Thank you for giving me the second best news of my life......

Akshara looked at him with question.

Abhimanyu: First was when you said you love me and agreed to be mine!

Akshara got tears in her eyes and she hugged him. Suddenly, Abhimanyu's watch beeped. He broke the hug while groaning.

Abhimanyu: Ugh! Mera bilkul man nahi hai jaane ka...

Akshara: Kya hua? Surgery hai?

Abhimanyu: I wish! Pr nahi, Sir ki conference ka aaj last day hai...

Akshara: To tumhe jaana chahiye Abhi....

Abhimanyu: (makes a face) Pr I want to snuggle with both my babies!

Akshara: (blushes) Jao...Isse pehle papa gussa ho jaye...

Abhimanyu makes a face but gets up.

Abhimanyu: But tum tb tk kya karogi? Yahan to bore ho jaogi? Conference me chalogi?

Akshara: It is doctors only na Abhi...

Abhimanyu: To sir konsa doctor hai.. (rolls his eyes) Chalo na...

Akshara: i'll go home...Mujhe koi boring conference attend nahi krni.

Abhimanyu told her that he'd drop her but she convinced him with difficulty to let her go with the driver. They decided to tell the family together. Abhimanyu dropped her off till the car.

Abhimanyu: Aram se jaana and pahunch kr call kr dena...

Akshara: Okay...

Abhimanyu instructed the driver to drive carefully and saw her out.

Abhimanyu: Chal Akshu ke docman...conference jhelte hai...

He walked back towards the hospital but there was a difference in him that could be visible to anyone who'd note. There was bounce in his step and a smile that seemed to be permanent on his face. He jumped and clicked the heels of his legs in the air.

He was going to be a father.

Meanwhile, the mother of his baby, his Akshu sat in the car with an identical smile and a hand on her stomach.

She was going to be a mother.

They were going to be parents!

.................

Akshara sat near the in-house pool. She already had her dinner as she had gotten hungry early while the rest of the family was eating now. She did not want to sit with them as she was feeling sensitive to certain food aromas, specially the ghee Manjiri generously poured on every dish she could. The three senior Birlas were sitting in the hall discussing about the conference as they had already had dinner as well. The only person missing was Abhimanyu.