30. Akshu's Creepy Colleague (OS)

Abhimanyu Birla parked his bike in front of the charitable trust his wife worked at. He looked at the crowded place. Many patients were rushing in and out of the building. He called her but she did not pick up. Deciding against waiting in the heat, he decided to go inside the building. This would give him an opportunity to see her work place better.

Entering the building he noticed the facilities or lack of them. He noticed the arrogant tone of the nurses with the patients when they enquired. He really hated such places where patients were ill-treated and there was no organization. If only his wife had not convinced him to let her stand on her own- he'd have her out of this place in no time. But he respected her wishes so he suck up to it.

Abhimanyu: Excuse me? Music Therapy-

Ward boy: Kl ana-

Abhimanyu: Abey! Sawal toh su-

The ward boy had already rushed away. Abhimanyu wanted to give him a piece of his mind but then his wife's sweet voice reached his ears. He followed the voice that led him to a small hall. His wife was sitting surrounded by many children. Abhimanyu leaned at the door and smiled- admiring her. She was a natural! If only his family could recognise her talent. He shook his head and closed his eyes, letting her voice sooth him.

........

Akshara Birla wrapped up her session. The kids hugged her and went back to their respective beds. It was the kids ward and her session was for them. She smiled and made small talks while packing her equipment.

'Akshara Ji, vo ye papers pr apke sign chahiye. Dr. Manoj ne kaha hai-'

Akshara looked up to see a junior doctor smile creepily at her and hand over some papers to her. She tried to control her disgust at the way his eyes roamed her body.

Akshara: Okay. Pr aap kyu laye Dr. Sharma. Koi ward boy ya nurse ko bhej dete..

Akshara said, hinting that he need to approach her but the doctor did not get any hint. She took the paper-pen from him. He casually brushed her fingers while handing her the things. She looked at the kids and controlled. Signing the papers, she kept them on the small table in front of her for him to collect.

Akshara: Next time please send a nurse, I'm sure a doctor has better things to do.

She said with a fake-polite smile as her eyes clearly hinted that she was not comfortable with him. Meanwhile, Abhimanyu had opened his eyes as soon as her music ended and noticed the doctor interact with her. He clenched his jaw at the way that man looked at his wife. This was the reason he wanted her away from such a place. She was too sweet and these pervs had no shame! His blood boiled as he noticed his wife body language. She was clearly uncomfortable. He wanted to approach them but she stood up and left from the other exit of the hall.

To Abhimanyu's displeasure, the doctor followed her. Abhimanyu cracked his neck and crossed the hall to follow them out of the second exit. This being a crowded hospital, there were many people bumping in the path.

'Akshara ji, Akshara..'

Abhimanyu heard the doctor's desperate call for his wife who was walking ahead of him in the corridor.

'Mrs. Birla to you Doctor Sharma...'

He smirked as his wife replied without turning or stopping. She took a turn and they were now in a relatively less busy corridor.

The doctor however, ran his eyes all over her backside as she hurried away from him. Her hair was up and he licked his lips at the tiny waist and back of her suit. He thought she was the prettiest person in the trust and loved to check her out.

'Why so cold yrr...We're friends..no?'

The doctor said in a flirty tone. Had Akshara been a little responsive, he'd been more forward but she always snubbed his advances. She had clearly told him multiple time to be professional but according to him 'Ladkiyon ki na me bhi haan hoti hai'.

'No! please stop following me. I have told you-'

Akshara stopped at she felt a hand on her shoulder. The cheap man had the nerve to touch her!? Her annoyance at the doctor had numbed her other senses. She was unaware that her husband, who had been following them was beyond angry now. Abhimanyu fisted his hands and quickened his pace to break the hand that dare lay of his wife without her consent but what happened next shocked him.

Akshara turned quickly and placed a punch in the doctor's face. Abhimanyu had never expected that. He stood rooted at his spot, shocked.

Akshara: Oww!!!

Her yelp bought him back to present. He reached her and held her hands.

Akshara: Abhiiiiiii

All her anger, fear and every negative emotion faded away. Abhimanyu moved her behind him, shielding her from the doctor.

Doctor: Chilana toh mujhe chahiye!! You! How dare you hit me! You bitc-

Abhimanyu planted a punch on his other cheek. This time, he fell on the ground.

Abhimanyu: This is for yelling at my wife. (grabs his collar and hits the cheek Akshara hit first) This is for eyeing my wife, apni gandi nazar uspr daalne ke liye...

Doctor: I'll ...I'll complain..

Akshara: oh yeah? And so will all the female staff, against your behaviour. Maine pehle bhi kaha tha door raho mujhse and dare you touch me ever again.

Akshara spat at the doctor and dragged her raging husband away before he committed a murder.

......................

'ssssss...ah! Abhii..'

Akshara hissed as her husband applied an icepack on her knuckles. Abhimanyu's head was scrunched in worry. His wife's cries in pain where physically hurting him too.

Abhimanyu: Bs..ho gaya baba....sorry. pr ye zaruri hai..

They were sitting in their room at Birla house. Akshara was sitting on the red couch while Abhimanyu was kneeling beside her on the floor. He removes the pack to study her hand.

Abhimanyu: Neela padne laga hai...shyd bruise hogi.. I'm so sorry Akshu..

Akshara: Arey tum sorry kyu bol rahe ho..

Abhimanyu: Mujhe na jldi pahunch jaan chahiye tha tum tk...lekin vo useless wardboys! Help to kr nahi rahe they, mere rasta aur roke hue they....muft ka show dekh rahe they bs...

Akshara: Uff! (cups his face) Aisa nahi mere docman...tumhari koi galti nahi hai..

Abhimanyu: Waise ek chezz achi thi..

Akshara looked at him with question in her eyes.

Abhimanyu: Maine meri pyaari si Akshu ka ye roop bhi dekh liya..

He laughed while she blushed a little.

Abhimanyu:Sach kahun toh bohot sukoon mila ki tum khud ko mere bina bhi acche se defend kr leti ho..

He pauses and hold her injured hand. He planted a kiss on her bruising knuckled and chuckled.

Abhimanyu: hmm..shyd utne acche se bhi nahi..

He teased her. She blushed and hugged him. True, her workplace wasn't ideal. It was far from the workplace her husband could fight and build for her but she knew what she faced today was reality of everyday and she was all set to handle it all.

........................

Just a short random OS. Thoughts?

xoxo