39. Abhi Ki Jaan (I)

Hello everyone!

I feel Rudra's track was ended abruptly and it could have been utilized in a much better way. I have already written a take on that track (Not Your Punching Bag). That story had the aftermath of adoption track as well as Rudra & Arohi's exposal. This story is different and an extension of that track in a way.

Now, imagine this; Rudra's truth was exposed by Abhimanyu and his plan to have his way with Arohi was spoiled. Thanks to Abhimanyu, Arohi knows Rudra's reality and does not pay heed to him. Moreover, Abhimanyu and Kairav had hit him. They had left the place with Arohi but gathered enough evidence to file a complaint against Rudra who is now hiding from police.

If you have read the track, 'Not Your Punching Bag', it would be helpful for you to draw reference. I hope the plot is clear.

Enjoy!

....

It had been a week since Akshara forgave Abhimanyu and Manjiri for misunderstanding her during the adoption fiasco. She even forgave Arohi after knowing about her involvement and why she did so. However, Akshara was now cross at Arohi and warned her to stay away from her family at all costs.

On the other hand, Abhimanyu still felt very guilty for hurting his wife so much. Even though he was forgiven by her, he made efforts to make her feel special every day. He'd get her roses, take her out and express his love daily. None of this was an extra effort for him- for he loved her so much that all this came naturally to him.

Manjiri was happy seeing that her confusion had not hampered her children's relationship in the long run. Naitik and Vatsal had also returned to US now and everything was back to normal- seemingly so... for there was someone, waiting in the shadows, waiting for his time to strike!

....

9:00 A.M | Birla House.

Everyone was done with the breakfast and was prepping to start the day. Harshvardhan and Anand had already left. Mahima was resting in her room as she came in late from night duty and her call time was late. Parth was in his room while Shefali left for office. Nishtha went to school and Neil was in the hall reading paper. Manjiri was sitting in the in-house temple. Akshara was in the kitchen packing lunchboxes. Abhimanyu rushed downstairs buttoning the sleeves of his shirt.

Abhimanyu: Akshu! Akshu! Chalo late ho raha hai...tumhe pehle drop kr doon, phir hospital jaunga...

Akshara: Ayi!!

She runs out.

Akshara: There is no need Abhi! Tumhe ulta padta hai....

Abhimanyu: But-

Akshara: Dekho starting ki baat aur thi pr ab tum roz mujhe thodi drop krne aoge...Charitable trust to Birla hospital ke raste me bhi nahi hai....kitna ulta jaana padta hai tumhe... mai chali jaungi...

Abhimanyu: sure? I don't mind-

Akshara: But I do Abhi....meri wajah se tum kyu hospital late jao?...Maana ki ghar ka hai pr everyday delay is not done na-

Abhimanyu: okay- (wraps his hands around her waist and pulls her close) my considerate wifey-

Neil: Uhem uhem!!

They separate.

Neil: Bhai apko bhabhi ke samne aur kuch nahi dikhta na...

Abhimanyu: (mutters) aur tujhe hume disturb krne ke alawa aur kuch nahi soojhta...

Neil: hun? Kya bola?

Abhimanyu: (loudly) kuch nahi!...(turns to Akshara and lowers his voice) Chale Akshu?