11. The Music Therapist (II)

Abhimanyu stepped downstairs for breakfast. Parth, Neil, Anand, Mahima and Harshvardhan were already seated there. Nishtha had left for school while Shefali had an early meeting. Manjiri had taken Akshara away to the temple for some puja. The staff has set the table with the breakfast Manaksh had prepared before leaving.

Abhimanyu: Good Morning!

Abhimanyu said and sat. The senior Birlas looked at each other before Anand spoke up.

Anand: Abhimanyu! Aaj se Akshara ki leave bhi end ho rahi hai. Aa rahi hai na vo?

Mahima: Haan, subah subah dikhai nahi de rahi...leave ke baad pehle hi din late hona hai kya?

Harshvardhan: Manjiri lekr gayi hai usse puja krne, inki rasme hi khatam nahi ho rahi...Goenkas ki ladki se shaadi krwai hai toh kya unke jaise hi har din koi nayi rasm krte rahenge kya?!

Abhimanyu pursed his lips to control.

Abhimanyu: Akshara nahi ayegi hospital. She will drop her resignation later today and aapme se koi bhi tension mt lena, hospital me department closing mai handle kr lunga..

With that Abhimanyu got up and left. He picked up his helmet and sat on his bike. As he drove off, he sped up a little, hoping the cool air hitting his face would help calm down his anger as he thought about what Akshara had told him last night.

Flashback

Akshara told Abhimanyu whatever she heard between the senior Birlas that day. Abhimanyu looked at his wife. She was maintaining a sober expression with a soft smile indicating she was okay but he knew her more than he knew himself. Her eyes told him she was hurt and this hurt him ten times more.

In a second he sprang up. His veins popping and red eyes were clear signs of the upcoming storm. He was like an alpha wolf now, feeling protective of his hurt mate and ready to rip anyone who dare hurt her. Akshara knew the look too well and rose to her feet too. Abhimanyu was already rushing towards the room's door when she monkey-jumped his back.

His lava like anger met her cool waters. She planted a chaste kiss on the base of his neck and hung to his back like a baby koala.

Abhimanyu: AKSHU! YE KYA KR RAHI HO! Chodo...gir jaogi na...

Akshara: Nahi! pehle tum shant ho jao Abhi..

Abhimanyu: Tum!

Abhimanyu had no choice but to walk back to the bed and carefully lower himself so that she hit the soft surface. Instead of letting go, she held him tighter and whispered sweet nothings into his ears.

Abhimanyu: Akshu bs karo. Shant hone mt kaho mujhe..Kaise ho jaun mai shant?..Koi tumhari capabilities pr, talent pr sawal uthata hai toh mujhse bardash nahi hota...poora hospital tumhare gun gata hai ...sirf ye ghar ke bado ko problem hai...kyu? Aaj sb jawab mangunga..

Akshara: Abhi! Please. Abhi to meri baat bhi poori nahi hui hai...Main apna promise nibha rahi hoon na...kuch nahi chupati tumse...sb jaise hota hai waise hi bata deti hoon...tumne bhi promise kiya hai na apne gusse ko control krne ki koshish krne ki..

Abhimanyu sighed and took deep breaths while his wife kept rubbing her hands on his shoulders. She let go once she noticed his breathing turn normal and got in front of him. Sitting next to him, she said her point of view.

Akshara: Abhi, tum mere liye sbse lad skte ho, jaanti hoon mai...lekin vo humare apne hai..family hai! Tum unhe dhamka kr, dara kr mere liye unke mn me pyaar to nahi paida kr skte na...Tumhari family ab meri bhi hai Abhi aur mai sbka dil jeetna chahti hoon.... Jaise tumne badepapa ka, sabka dil jeeta tha humare rishte ke liye, maine hi uss time dhyan nahi diya ki tumhare case me sb tumhare agey kuch bolte nahi hai, unka point of view to maine jaana hi nahi..