43. Abhi Ki Jaan (Final)

Hi! I was done with the chapter earlier but I was facing issues while publishing. I kept getting homepage whenever I tried to publish the story. 

....

Abhimanyu woke up next morning very early. He looked at his sleeping wife in his arms and smiled. They had been through hell and back.

Abhimanyu: Mahadev! Apka jitna dhanyawad karu, kam hai. Thank You meri Akshu ko safe rakhne ke liye..

He kissed her forehead and checked her vitals. He checked her other injuries too. Realising its still too early, he exited her ward and stood outside. He called in a nurse who he had known since long and asked her to stay inside Akshara's ward till he comes back. Abhimanyu took a quick shower and freshened up in the hospital itself and wore some clothes that he kept spare in his cabin. He offered his morning prayers and returned to her cabin. He thanked the nurse and asked her to leave.

Sometime later, Akshara woke up. She smiled at Abhimanyu who was sitting by her side.

Abhimanyu: Good morning jaan!

Akshara opened her mouth to speak, forgetting her inability for a second. Her smile dropped.

Abhimanyu: Hey! ...(caresses her cheek) don't be sad. You'll be back, talking in no time. Aur phir tumhari chakar-chakar fir shuru ho jayegi...

Akshara pouted and hit his hand. Abhimanyu laughed.

Abhimanyu: (in mind) kaise kahu ki tumhari chakar-chakar sunne ke liye tumhara pati mara jaa raha hai..

He gently pulled her cheeks and asked her if she wanted to eat. Akshara shook her head.

Abhimanyu: Baba, khana to padega na..

Akshara gestured that she had not brushed. Abhimanyu sighed and told her it's okay but she shook her head and folded her hands stubbornly. Abhimanyu rolled his eyes and got her some mouthwash and a bowl to spit.

Abhimanyu: ye lo-

Akshara made a face.

Abhimanyu: This will have to do Akshu..

Akshara made a sad face but cleaned her mouth nevertheless. Abhimanyu got them light breakfast and they ate it. Akshara winced while eating as her neck still ached at movements. Soon, the nurse came in with the sponge bath.

Nurse: Sir, aap jaye toh-?

Akshara's eyes widened and she held his hand, asking him to not leave.

Abhimanyu: dekh toh lo-

Akshara looked at the things for a sponge bath and blushed. She felt shy thinking what the nurse must be thinking. She had not seen the reason why the nurse wanted Abhimanyu to leave.

Nurse: It's okay sir. Agar ma'am chahti hai toh no issues..mai kissi ko nahi kahungi...

Akshara's eyes widened but the nurse turned and left, even she was embarrassed slightly.

Abhimanyu: Oops Akshu!

Akshara pointed a finger at him and then the door.

Abhimanyu: Mai chala jaunga toh sponge bath kon dega?

Akshara laid her palm flat out. Abhimanyu sighed and gave her his phone. She opened the notes app.

Akshara- Call nurse

Abhimanyu: (in a flirty tone) I am sure she is busy with other stuff. Why bother?

He kept his arms on either side of her body. She was sitting in a resting posture on the bed while he was towering over her. Akshara blushed.