3. Missing Manjiri Track (Final)

Hi!

So this is a continuation of the first story of this book- 'Missing Manjiri Track'. I asked if I should do a part 3 of this and then kind of fell stuck. Anyways, just a recap- Manjiri had fainted due to fasting and is actually safe. Arohi caused the accident and a dog was injured. She took it to the vet. Arohi felt guilty and as she was applying medicine on Akshara's forehead while pouring out her remorse about this accident and the one on first mehendi ritual, she was heard by Abhimanyu.

Disclaimer⚠: This chapter ended up longer than I intended.

.........................

Akshara woke up the next day feeling extremely light yet heavy. She had slept like the dead, a complete dreamless sleep. It is the best kind. The fatigue had taken over her body but the throbbing pain in her head made it difficult for her to feel completely refreshed.

Arohi: Akshu! Uth gayi tu? Great! Chal ab ye le ..

Arohi walked near her and placed a warm cup of tea in her hands. Akshara frowned and looked at her.

Arohi: Aise kya dekh rahi hai...Mimi se banwaya hai headache ke liye...isse chup chaap pee le...

Akshara's eyes widened a bit. Was she dreaming? Was Arohi- her Aaru, caring for her?

Arohi: Ghoor mt...pee le...aur sun.. (her voice drops) tera sir dard thik hai na?

Akshara nodded a grateful smile and started to sip the tea. It was too bitter for her taste and she personally would have added some mishri to sweeten it but today as it was bought to her by her sister, she had no qualms and sipped the bitter tea with a smile.

..............

Abhimanyu sipped the bitter water in a big gulp. He set down the glass that had been full of methidana water a few seconds ago. Methidana...His Akshu...Everything reminded him of her. She entered his life when he least expected it. Just a random day made special with her melodious voice and he was never the same again. He lives for her, could die for her and she could die for her sister. Abhimanyu felt bitter at that thought.

The girl who was the very purpose of his life had no regards for her own life! This left his heart feeling as bitter as his mouth.

...............

Akshara came out of the shower and moved her wet hair out of the towel. She moved to wipe the water droplets that had drizzled down her face and hissed as she felt a stinging sensation. Arohi, who was entering the room, yelled at her.

Arohi: Akshu! Kya kr rahi hai. Chot ko aise wipe krte hai, itne zor se...? Ye le..

She gave her a tube for her head.

Arohi: Isse lga le...aur phir thodi der rest kr le..aur kahin bahar jaana ho toh...

Arohi hesitated and looked down. Slowly she pulled out a bandage. Unlike the normal ones you see everywhere, it was a light pink one with a small smilie face outline drawn on it. Akshara's eyes widened.

Akshara: Ye toh..

Flashback

Akshara: Aru....chot lagi hai tere...ye lagana toh padega..

Arohi: Nahi Akshu...this is ugly! I don't like it..

Akshara: Aru...pr phir thik kaise hogi teri chot...

Arohi: Nahi kaha na...mumma mt ban..

Arohi stomped her little feet and ran away. Her big sister feeling concerned for her, ran to the nearest medical store with her piggy bank and bought a cartoon bandage packet. She put a smilie sticker on it and went to her sister.