37. Unexpected Confession (OS)

Story timeline: Abhimanyu's Birthday | Before marriage

................

Abhimanyu Birla entered his cabin feeling extremely bitter. It was his birthday but he had been in no mood for celebration. It was the worst birthday ever! However, the sweet surprise planned by his hospital staff, his brother and most importantly his maa- made him smile. He couldn't deny that it was a beautiful surprise. Everything was radiating happiness and love for him. The cherry on the cake was his mother singing for him. That really put a genuine smile on his face.

Despite all things positive, what made him feel restless was this feeling that he could not shrug off. The feeling he got when she was around. The warmth and peace of her being around him. He had felt her presence throughout the day. Even the arrangements felt like they had written her all over them. He shook his head and took off his shirt. It couldn't be her! Why would she be here?

She was his first love and sadly his first heartbreak. Abhimanyu had never believed in love until he met Akshara Goenka. She was his personal heaven and hell. Her voice calmed him like he had never been at peace before, her eyes made him feel found and her smile chased every negative thought out of his brain. Any rational person would find this silly and unbelievable. A few months ago, if you told this to him, then even he'd laugh at it but now, after meeting her- he knew it was what his soul had been searching for- his heaven in the chaotic world.

Then hell got unleashed. The confusion and misunderstandings engulfed them and took her away from him. Now, she had rejected him. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to hate her; not even dislike. He didn't think he could ever feel anything but love for her- even if she killed him. Sighing, he took out a small towel to wipe his body clean.

'Hi!!!'

He heard a voice and his irritation grew. He hated when people walked into his cabin without his permission or without the etiquettes of knocking.

'I am on half-day today so no appointments now, kl anna..' He said without looking.

'Uff! Pr mai toh tumhe wish krne aayi hoon, personally!!'

Replied the girl as she invited herself into the cabin. She was Ruby. The only daughter of the Health Minister. She had a huge crush on Abhimanyu Birla. She often visited the hospital with bogus excuses to that she could get checked by him. She liked his physique and personality. The bad boy vibe and strong aura he radiated made her weak in the knees. Sadly, Abhimanyu didn't give a dime for her. He never responded to her.

'Not this time!' She resolved.

Abhimanyu felt her enter in as well. His irritation started to morph into anger. Earlier, when he had entered his cabin, he had felt at peace. Ruby was killing that away. He tried to control his anger and focus on his breathing.

Ruby: Happy Birthday Handsome!

She tried to sound seductive and casually brushed and arm against his shoulder. Standing a few meters away behind the pile of gifts and balloons- a girl pouted angrily. Her cute button nose scrunched up. She did not like what she saw- not in the very least.

Abhimanyu: Thank You. You wished, I responded. Now leave!

Ruby: Jaane ke liye thodi aayi hoon...

Abhimanyu: Ye mera cabin hai, koi park nahi hai ki jb mn kre mu utha ke aa jao...

Ruby: Haye! Ye gusse me to tum aur bhi handsome lgte ho..

Akshara: (mutters slowly) Tu aur pass jaakr to dikha! Phir dekhna mere Abhi ka asli gussa...

The girl standing behind the table, hidden from plain sight was none other than the girl plaguing Abhimanyu's heart and soul- Akshara. She had rejected him for the sake of her family but she couldn't deny herself the effort to make him smile. It had killed her to make him sad. However, as she saw Ruby flirt with a shirtless Abhimanyu- she actually wanted to kill someone else- Ruby.