59. Pregnant Akshu: 9.1 (TS)

Timeline: Akshara is about to start her eighth month of pregnancy.

...........

Akshara was a happy, radiant woman in pregnancy. She glowed. Who wouldn't if they had a doting husband like hers? Abhimanyu loved her to bits and cared for her a lot. He would massage her feet at night and her shoulders in the morning. He fed her all that her heart craved and took her on drives. Akshara had let go of the mild insecurity she was developing, thanks to his love & support. They were both at a good place now, eagerly looking forward to the next phase of their lives.

Akshara had her mood swings and bodily imbalances. She would face issues- very minor ones but Abhimanyu was never embarrassed of her. For instance, he never made her feel bad about her sudden hair fall or unusual burps. Infact, if she would worry or be embarrassed, he would hug her and say its fine. If she would fret about her hair, then he will give her a hot oil massage and say it would be fine in a few months.

Akshara felt very lucky to have him by her side. He handled her every mood like a pro. One night, she had seen an emotional movie before dinner. She was deep in thought all through the meal and while cuddling at night, that was all she could think about.

Abhimanyu: Kya hua Akshu?

Akshara: Abhi, ek baat bolu...

Abhimanyu: Bolo...

Akshara: If it ever comes between me and the baby, save the baby..

Abhimanyu: what!?

Akshara: If it eve-

Abhimanyu: No, I heard you. Why did you say such stuff...

Akshara: I saw a movie-

Abhimanyu: seriously!?

He stood up.

Akshara: Abhi...

Abhimanyu started to pace in the room. He was trying to control his emotions so that he doesn't lash in front of his pregnant wife.

Akshara: This is serious Abhi...

Abhimanyu: It is, It is serious bullshit!!

Akshara: shhh....don't say such words, baby can hear..

Abhimanyu: Akshu!

He cups her face.

Abhimanyu: between me and the baby, who would you chose?

Akshara: ye kaisa sawal hai Abhi!

Abhimanyu: jaisa tumne pucha tha...

Akshara: vo movie me...

Abhimanyu: shh...forget that okay. I want to be so mad at you for even thinking that. For making me think, even for a second, that either you or the baby will survive. I love you both and you both are going to be in my life. Don't ruin our peace for some dramatic movie...

Akshara: sorry...

She said with moist eyes.

Abhimanyu: arey ab rona mt...

He hugged her and pecked her head. He is not losing her. No chance!

..........

Next day, Abhimanyu woke up to see Akshara fast asleep. He tried to wake her up but she begged to be skip the walk and because her feet were  swollen more than usual, Abhimanyu gave her massage while she drifted back to sleep. Then, he got ready and rushed downstairs.

He found Manjiri, Parth, Neil, Shefali and Nishtha in front of the laptop. They shut it as soon as they heard him come in.

Abhimanyu: Kya hua?