13. The Music Therapist (IV)

Abhimanyu was never known for his patience. He was rather known for his straight forward, no-nonsense nature and quick reactions. Anybody who knew him earlier who be surprised to see him now as he stood waiting patiently for his excited wife to end her happy jumps.

Abhimanyu: (laughs) Tum khush ho dekhr mai double khush hoon pr mujhe reason to batao...

Akshara: Abhiii!! Ek awesome news hai...mtlb sure nahi hai...pr baat acchii hai...

Abhimanyu looked at her with a soft expression, encouraging her to go on.

Akshara: Mujhe na Sunrise Hospital se phone aya tha...actually maine weekend pr jo general therapy session diya tha na ek camp me, wahan us hospital ki head counsellor thi...They have opened up full-fledged department for mental health and therapies. She said she liked my work and music/art therapies itne common nahi hai...she is intrigued and wants to meet me tomorrow....I might get a job Abhi...

Akshara hugged Abhimanyu but felt something amiss.

Akshara : Kya hua Abhi? Tum khush nahi ho?

Abhimanyu: Bhak Pagal! Tumhare liye bohot khush hoon...and I am sure vo tumhe hire zarur karenge..tum ho hi itni acchi....pr ab tum dusre hospital me kaam krne lagogi..mai tumse aur km milunga...wahan dusre doctors honge ...

Akshara: Tum na sach me jal-chidkuraam...

Abhimanyu: Ab ye kya hai?

Akshara: Tumhara promotion hua hai...pehle sirf chidte they...ab jalte bhi ho..

Abhimanyu mock glared at her and took her in his arms.

Abhimanyu: Oye!

Akshara: Hoye! ( she winked and blew him a kiss)

Abhimanyu sighed. Akshara held his face and got serious.

Akshara: Accha hai na Abhi...Birla hospital me toh therapist ki job mujhe Taiji ne offer ki thi..aur tum department khol rahe they..I know tum support krte lekin mujhe guide kon krta? Music me tum sirf listener acche ho.. no offence (she teased) ....lekin wahan poora department hai! Socho mujhe kitna seekhne milega...counselling ke baare me, therapies ke baare me..aur dekhna kuch hi dino me mera routine set ho jayega...smile kro chidkuraam, things are looking up...

She gestured him to smile with her fingers and Abhimanyu cheered. He knew this would cause great pleasure to his wife and be good for her career growth. She deserved the world and he was in a rush to get it for her but maybe he needs to let her assemble it herself. He need not remove every obstacle on her path, just be by her side as she removes them one by one.

..................................

The next day, Akshara left for the hospital to meet the counsellor. As Abhimanyu had predicted, it went great. They did not have a music therapist in their department and heard praises about Birla hospital having a good therapist. Moreover, their department head had first hand seen her work and she was keen to hire her. Akshara was delighted when she saw how big the department was at that hospital. There were so many different therapies and a whole dedicated wing to mental health. She knew instantly that she'd gain just as much as she could give.

Another delightful part was that her working hours were in the first half of the day leaving her a lot of time to dedicate at home and academy. They explained her the whole contract and told her to start from next week, expecting a response in two days.

Akshara rushed to Birla hospital to break the news to Abhimanyu but her husband was busy in the OT. She waited for him for an hour but decided to leave seeing he wouldn't be free anytime soon. As she was heading out, she banged into someone.