eight

Who is the real you?

Just.... do it already."Jungkook whispered under his breath. "Do what they asked you to do. Then leave me alone," he added.

You were looking at him dumbfounded.
Yes, your first instinct was to stick that serum into his neck and then run for your life. But that was because you assumed that the Jungkook right now who was sitting so close to you, was the same who kissed you back then.
You thought so because you were sure he was not that scared boy who was running away from reality, seeking warmth and help, who was trembling in fear all the time, like a frightened little kid.
The Jungkook in front of you closed his eyes slowly as he waited for you to do your job. But before closing his eyes, you saw it. How he looked at you. It was for a second, but you saw it.
So much sadness. Loneliness. Disappointment.

And you couldn't do it.

Something felt wrong.
You couldn't find that evil in him you felt that day. That presence that gave you chills. It was the first time feeling so terrified because of someone. But now it was somehow different. Yes, his eyes were cold and frightening, but that lust was not there anymore. This Jungkook actually didn't like your presence. It was clear he wasn't seeking contact or had other perverts intentions.

"Who are you right now? "

Jungkook opened his eyes. Then he smiled as he silently watched you.
Why is everyone asking me the same damn thing? He asked in his mind. Jungkook was tired of having to deal with the same bullshit all the time.

He didn't answer.

With a sigh, he pulled himself away from you and headed towards the other side of the cell.
He sat down close to a wall, with his arms atop his knees, resting his head in his arms, facing down the floor. Totally ignoring you as if you weren't even there.

"It's really important to me. Please answer my question. Is this the first time you see me? " Your soft exhausted voice asked.

Jungkook raised his head and looked your way. He could see confusion and curiosity on your face, questions but never fear. Not anymore.
So, he answered you.
"The second time," He bit his full bottom lip before continuing.
"The first time I think it was your first day here. When Naeun came with you and introduced you as my new... " His voice trailed off as he remembered the last girl that took care of him. How he woke up with her on top of him. How sick and powerless he felt while being continually touched. Again.

And now another one. Another girl. Another pain. He thought for himself as he glared your way.

Your lips parted as you were trying to understand what the heck was happening.
Yes, the day you first saw Jungkook was when you were with Naeun. Then, before Jungkook took his dose, he was conscious. He knew what was happening to him, and at that moment you felt the same thing around him, just like back then.
Restlessness, curiosity, intimidation.
Somehow, he was intimidating you.
The way his eyes were burning you every time they were fixed on you.
Not only that, they were shredding you to pieces.
His eyes were hiding intelligence. A larger pupil size reflects both higher fluid intelligence and a greater working memory capacity. The faster our brain works, the more the pupil dilates.

It was something that you never saw with that playboy. And it hit you.

They were three different persons.