seventeen

~Who are you really~

Flashback

"Please stop...
Please stop hurting me.

Why are you doing this to me?
I am your child."

Jungkook's eyes opened wide, heart racing.

"No. Please, someone, help me!" Jungkook cried out loud as he jumped out of bed and grabbed tightly the bars of the cell.

He was yelling and begging for help.
For the first time, he just had a nightmare. For the first time, he had dreamed about his family.  He was shocking wet with sweat and it was hard to breathe no matter how much he was struggling. 
And apart from that, his brain was about to explode.

But no one was there. As much as he cried,  no one was coming and the pain started to intensify in every cell of his body, his chest felt heavy and it burned as he tried to breathe again.

Just give up.

Give up.

So weak and so stupid.

You are nothing but a monster.

Kill.

Kill yourself.

Jungkook fell to the floor. Dragging himself into a corner, he covered his ears frightened,  struggling to make the voices in his head stop.

Stop it.

Be a good boy and let your daddy play with you.

Stop it.

Mommy doesn't have to find out, and neither does your sister.

Please... Stop.

What are you doing Jungkook?

Put that knife down.

Jungkook started to yell and scream your name. He needed to be sedated. He needed to get rid of those voices and images from his head before losing his mind completely.

"Please. Please. Y/N..."

Looking down with teary eyes at his pants, in his desperation to make the voices stop, the idea of trying to take his life dangerously crossed his mind... again.
The bars were there, after all, only a few meters away. It wasn't that hard. It wouldn't have been the first time trying to leave this world.

You are real.

Your words came into his mind. Among the other voices, yours was like a breath of fresh air. But it wasn't enough. He was tired of feeling this way. Lost.
The idea of being him the one who killed them was too painful, unbearable. He was tired.

He felt lonely.

Taehyung and Jimin saw Jungkook. They were inside the security room, so they could see how desperate Jungkook was, crying near the bars of his cell. Jimin wanted to look for the doctor or you, but Taehyung stopped him. Taehyung wanted to see Jungkook struggling. He needed it.

And Jimin understood why.
He understood better than anyone. Even than Taehyung himself.
After all, they were childhood friends.
They "were" friends. Because Taehyung forgot about him a long time ago, the moment he saw Jungkook for the first time. But Jimin didn't forget. Because Taehyung was the only one he ever saw.