thirteen

Cover made by @bangtanslymin
💞

Only blood

As soon as I stepped inside the prison, I stopped to catch my breath. I ran from the university all the way to prison. Normally it would take me about 30 minutes to walk, but today it only took me 10 minutes.

Jin, the director of the prison called me, asking me to urgently come because something awful happened in my absence and that was all he told me. He seemed not wanting to say anything more through the phone.

After I somehow managed to breathe normally, I headed towards Mingyu's office where Jin told me to go as soon as I arrive.
Grabbing the door handle and pushing myself inside the room, the first thing my eyes landed on was a lost Jungkook sitting on a chair, handcuffed.

I couldn't move. I was stuck in the doorway, my eyes never leaving his hands. No matter how much I was looking at him, his hands were definitely covered with someone's blood and no one could erase that. It was the reality. He hurt someone, or worse.

He was a monster after all.
I made a mistake. My heart ached.
His appearance fooled me. There was nothing kind inside this boy who right now was looking right at me, a smile glued on his lips.

"Just who I needed to see." He said, his smile widening as I approached them. Mingyu and Jin were also there. Jimin was close behind Jungkook's chair, his eyes digging holes into his head.

"What happened?" I managed to somehow find my strength and ask, but my voice sounded foreign in my ears. It was low and hoarse. I felt dizzy, a big knot forming inside my stomach at the sight in front of me.

"Come on everyone. What did I do? It's not like I killed anyone. Why the scary faces? I just gave him a lesson he will never forget." Jungkook laughed.
He was actually enjoying himself after he had hurt someone? He couldn't be this heartless and cruel.

"He stabbed Taehyung. Thank God that he wasn't fatally injured, but we still had to call the ambulance." Jin informed me as soon as I took a seat beside him, in front of Jungkook.

Taehyung?

"And why would you do something like that? " I asked Jungkook, who was now smiling sweetly at me. It gave me a chill that ran through my spine and nerves, my body shivered for a moment under his intense gaze.
Jungkook leaned forward towards me, his smile slowly fading away.
"Wouldn't it be better if you would give me a kiss instead of asking me about that anorexic rat?"

At that my lips parted in shock, my eyes instantly shifting to Mingyu who was looking back at me, shocked as well.
"And why would I do that?" I asked Jungkook when our eyes locked again.

"Because you are my baby of course," Jungkook responded dead serious. And that had a strange effect on me.

I thought his baby was Naeun? Wasn't she the one he fucked more than 30 minutes?

"Since when did I become your baby, Jungkook? Did I make you think that way?" This time my voice came out as a whisper, forgetting entirely that we weren't alone, that three other people were witnessing our discussion.

"Since I claimed you as my own of course." Jungkook's eyes darkened as he stared at me from across the table.
"Now can you stop asking me these stupid questions and come here already?
I want to hold you in my arms."