Hidden feelings

My heart was racing incredibly fast as I adjusted my mask over my face. After I made sure that my face was perfectly covered, I placed my hands on the counter to take a closer look at the glass cases.

What am I doing?

My fingers clenched as I stared through it. This... Isn't for me. I told myself again.

Her smiling face popped up in my mind. My eyes searched inside the first case with a heavy heart.

"Can I help you, sir?" A voice was heard next to me as I kept asking myself if I became completely and utterly insane.

"Can I... Take a look at that one?"

I bit my lip.

This is not for someone like me.

She will not want this.

Am I wanting this?

Before realizing what was happening I was already holding the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my life.

Ah... What are you doing, you idiot?

My hand was shaking as I held the ring tightly between my fingers.

She will reject me. She cares about me. She wants to be with me. But this... This doesn't mean she would want to be tied to a freak like me for the rest of her life.

I broke into a painful chuckle.

"I'm sorry for taking your time," I said to the Jeweler without looking at him.

I placed the ring on the counter and ran out of the jewelry store.

Jungkook..." You warned in a low voice and dug your nails into his hand.

"What?" He laughed then rolled his eyes in boredom. "I was just asking who the girl is. What did I do?"

You turned towards him with a deep scowl. "Just don't."

Jungkook raised an unaffected brow as he stared back at you. Seeing your serious expression, his dark brows crushed together.

He let out a heavy sigh before moving his gaze back to Naeun, his arms suddenly leaving your waist as he pulled back.

You wrapped your arms around you, already missing his warmth.

[Why?] Jungkook couldn't stop asking himself. [I do and say what I feel. If I don't care then I don't care. If I dislike someone then I show it to them. What's wrong with that? This is what normal people do? Pretending?]

[Then I don't ever want to be normal]

"Why the fuck are you here?" Jungkook asked coldly, slipping his hands deep into the pockets of his tight jeans, waiting for the girl to speak.

You gasped. From the corner of your eyes, you could see her shoulders drop, her eyes shining with tears. You glared daggers from your eyes. You felt bad. Naeun wasn't a bad person. She was polite and respectful. Yes, she has done many mistakes and acted stupidly, but that was because she was madly in love with him and genuinely cared for him. And her life wasn't easy also. She didn't deserve what Jungkook was doing to her. She came with good intentions.

You were this close to grabbing his crotch and threatening to tear his balls apart.

On the other hand, Jungkook wasn't finding himself in a very good condition. He just woke up. And once that happened, the first thing he realized was that he was powerless. Nothing changed. He was the same Jungkook as years ago.