twenty

~Kai~

Jungkook shifted under Mingyu's scrutiny.
He was in his office, laying on the couch with his face up, as Mingyu was sitting in a chair not far from him.

Jungkook's breath hardened. He wasn't feeling very comfortable with the doctor looking like that at him. He felt like a fly examined under a dissecting microscope.

"All you have to do is close your eyes."

"Yeah, right? Kinda hard to do that though with you breathing down my neck."

Mingyu rolled his eyes bored. "Ok, I admit that you look hot. But, baby, trust me when I say that I prefer Y/N over you any time." Mingyu grinned seeing Jungkook frown.

"If you dare... "

"Close your fucking eyes already and shut the fuck up. You are acting like a baby. I will not gonna jump on you. I can't do anything to you with my penis as sloppy as a jelly."

Jungkook parted his lips in awe.

"Wait... " Jungkook paused for a moment as he reflected on his words, his eyes carried a mixture of shock and disbelief. Then his face, suddenly, lit up, eyes bright of an optimistic.
"You mean you don't find me attractive? "

Mingyu could swear that Jungkook's expression looked exactly like those people who have seen Jesus transforming the water into wine. First shocked and suspicious, then bright faces, after realizing that they were witnessing a miracle.

Mingyu sighed as he brought up his fingers to massage his temples, trying to relax. Ignoring entirely Jungkook's stupid question, he continued."Don't forget that hypnosis is, in fact, self-hypnosis. I am just helping you to relax and fall into a trance-state. It's not recommended to hypnotize a person with mental disorders but in your case, we have to try. I... Need to be sure of something." Mingyu added as he remembered his encounter with Naeun, Jin's niece.

Of course, no one knew about it. It was something he wanted to keep a secret for now, just like what she had told him.

Mingyu felt a little nervous at the idea of hypnotizing Jungkook. His brain was already damaged and it was a huge risk. He could have a breakdown and it could lead to dangerous consequences. But even so, Jungkook will always remain trapped in the past if he will not confront it. Also, what Naeun had told him... If it was true...

Flashback two days ago

"Doctor Mingyu? "

Mingyu came to a halt when he heard his name being called. Turning around, his eyes caught Naeun as she was running towards him, a big smile lightening her features.
She seemed... tired and skinner.

After Jungkook's escape, Mingyu gave up on his job there. It had no sense to keep working in prison if the motive for hiring himself in the first place, disappeared.

"Naeun? "

"I can't believe I got the chance to come across you. Thank god. I have something very important to talk with you about. " Her expression changed 180 degrees.

"It's about... my uncle. I think that... Jungkook is innocent. "

End of flashback

Back to the present, Mingyu's eyes softened as he stared down at Jungkook who curiously was looking back at him.

"I... I really want to do something for you. All this time I felt so useless. As much as I tried, you never gave me a chance to... "