forty

Disappointment

Your pov

I went to my parents' house and told them everything.
Everything about Jungkook, what happened to him, and how he struggled by himself all these years.

I begged them to help me as I cried into their arms.
I told them how I came to love a person who wasn't normal. But either way, I didn't care how he was. Because I knew how warm and kind he could be. I knew his heart.
And I also knew that it wasn't his fault he was in this way.
And I wanted to do everything in my power to help him. I wanted to at least try.

I also told them about Jin and my suspicion regarding Jungkook of being the one who killed him.
I had to tell them. I trusted my parents and their good judgment. Maybe they weren't the greatest parents, but they were kind at heart and they always took their job seriously.

They promised me they will search for him. Of course, I couldn't stay around and wait. I had to join them and their colleagues. I was too worried about their safety, as well his safety. And I was the only one who knew how to approach him and get close enough to inject the drug into his neck and calm him down if he becomes too anxious or scared.
So many neck injections didn't make me very happy. But it was needed because this way the drug will go straight to his brain and will be more effective. I couldn't risk to lose time.

But something neither of us thought about, happened.

The next day Jungkook went to the doctor's house and threw all his hate toward him until Mingyu lost his consciousness.
I went to the hospital and I found him in a really bad condition. I didn't know if he would survive.
What happened between the two of them only they knew.
And I couldn't understand why Jungkook had done something like that to Mingyu,  someone who genuinely cared about him.
He was one of those few people who really tried to help him and wanted what was best for Jungkook.

I hoped with time Jungkook will realize his mistake.

After four more days, we finally found him. He was sleeping somewhere in the Seoul city subway. Someone who passed him by called the police after seeing blood on his clothes.

I begged my parents and the two officers who were accompanying us to let me alone with him. I knew it was dangerous but I needed to do it myself. I couldn't bear seeing him chased by them or being taken away handcuffed, or worse, being shot.

They hid so Jungkook couldn't see them. My chest tightened seeing my father pull out his gun in any case.
"Please, no matter what, don't hurt him. " I said as I wrapped my arms around my father. I am begging you."

"You are my daughter and I love you. I am doing all of this because of you. But if your life will be in danger because of this boy, I will not hesitate to hurt him. I prefer your hate than seeing you dead. No matter how sorry I feel for him. "

I threw a glare at him. He was a parent so I guess he was right, but at that moment he wasn't my favorite parent anymore.

Jungkook opened his eyes before you had the opportunity to touch him.
He felt you. Of course, he always had his guard up since the first day. He couldn't otherwise.

"Why? " Jungkook whispered seeing you sitting beside him, not close enough to scare him.
"How did you find me?" He asked as he looked around, making sure you were alone.

"Of course, I would find you. Didn't I promise that I will never leave you alone? "

Jungkook frowned at that. "I am not one of those idiots. So this will not work with me."