forty six

~Pain~

Your pov

"Thank you so much dear for being such a sweetheart." The old lady smiled at me as soon as I placed the breakfast tray on her lap.
"It must be really tiring having to deal with an old hag like me." She chuckled in embarrassment.

"No, of course not. I should be the one grateful for this chance you've given me. I was a stranger but you and your grandson were so kind to me. Even accepting me under your roof. And besides, it's my pleasure. I enjoy my time with you. I am learning something new each day. It's like I am watching a documentary." I giggled.
The old lady smiled warmly and I couldn't help but smile back. She was really a warm and kind person. And with such high intelligence.

Two weeks ago I saw an announcement in a newspaper about needing someone to take care of an old lady and without any hesitation, I called them up. It was a plus for me because of my studies.

Even her grandson was careful with me, making sure I would feel at ease around them.
He was visiting her twice a week. He was the only relative the old lady had. His parents died in a car accident a year ago, so she was in his care from then.
And I could see how much he loved her. It must have been really hard for such a young boy to suddenly wake up with so many responsibilities hanging on his shoulders.

"So tell me again about that boy you love so much. " She said with her mouth full after taking a big bite of her fried, crispy egg.
My smile became wider.
"Did I tell you how he struggled to make me breakfast two days ago? He wanted to surprise me. It was the most beautiful present I ever had and was also the most delicious breakfast I had ever eaten.

"You didn't have to bring me home. I would have managed on my own." I said as soon as Jinyoung stopped his car right in front of the building I lived.

"At least this is the only thing I can do for you." Jinyoung smiled troubledly.

"Thank you for everything you are doing for my grandma. She really likes you and she is so happy every time you visit her.
I know that I should give you more money for all your hard work. As soon as I will be advanced, I promise that I will..."

"Can you stop? This was our agreement from the beginning. If I wouldn't be satisfied, then I wouldn't have accepted in the first place. So everything is perfect the way it is. I know how hard it must be for you as well. So please focus on your studies and your job, and I will take care of your grandmother."

"Thank you." Jinyoung bit his lip troubled, tears sparkling in the corner of his eyes.

"Thank you for being so kind."

Jungkook POV

I smiled as I saw you getting out of a car. I waited for you all day and now you were finally home.

With each day that passed, I started to feel lonely.
Since this morning I couldn't think of anything else but our short kiss on the beach. After I kissed you, we stayed in each other's arms for a long time in complete silence. It didn't matter that it was raining.
The kiss fired up my brain and sent shock waves throughout my body. It was such a powerful feeling, but also I couldn't understand why I let myself be so vulnerable in front of you. What was I doing?

I missed you. I yearned to hug you and cuddle you all night long. What the heck was happening to me?
But my smile vanished as soon as I saw you accompanied by a guy. You were talking. You... were laughing. And then he took your hand in his.