Fear of loss

Jungkook's pov

"Jungkook, I can't reach Y/N. Do you know where she could be? Her phone is switched off." As soon as I stepped inside the living room, Mingyu jumped off the couch and this was the first thing he told me. He seemed restless. My heart stopped when his words reached my brain.

"What? But she was here yesterday evening before I left..."

"I searched for her in her bedroom first thing in the morning. I had something important to tell her and I could not wait. But her bed was untouched. I don't think she slept here last night. I am really worried, Jungkook. She never turns off her phone. You know how she worries about you all the time so..."

My chest tightened, my hands got suddenly sweaty. I tried to think where you could possibly be, but the only thing that came into my mind was those guys I met at the club. Mark and Kai. Also Jennie.

I swallowed hard remembering Jennie's threat. "You'll regret this. "

I thought she was talking about me. That she was threatening to harm me. Not you. I wouldn't have had anything against it. But the possibility of you being in danger was something I couldn't cope with. I felt suddenly nauseous. I couldn't stop blaming myself for leaving you alone. For not being there to protect you. What if something bad happened to you? What will I do? The thought alone caused my heartbeat to thumb loudly.

My eyes stopped on Mingyu's phone in his hand. I stretched my arm and grabbed it intending to call you. And he was right. The call didn't get through. The phone slipped off my hand on the white hone with a thud before quickly running to your room. My heart was beating so fast. It was all I could hear.

Once inside your bedroom, my eyes roamed everywhere, searching for any indication that might tell me where you might be. My lips parted when my eyes caught a glimpse of your phone laying somewhere near the wall, next to the foot of the bed.

I was starting to freak out as I picked it up and switched it on only to search through your contacts, then your messages, my eyes stopping on a particular one.

"I miss burying myself inside you."

I felt anger building inside me.

That guy. I remembered seeing him forcing himself onto you in Kai's club. My fingers clenched around the phone as I read the old messages he sent to you. The way he threatened you to reveal to the police where I was hiding if you won't go to see him. I bit my lip in frustration, my hand trembling against the cold plastic. I tried to push aside the dark thoughts that started to cloud my judgment and think clearly.

Kai. He actually seemed disturbed by Mark's presence in his club at that time. Also, he lied to his police friends about my real identity. I wasn't convinced but he was my first option. If will not work... My mind flew to that man... That woman's husband. Maybe he will.

Yeah, I actually met him last night. I wasn't very happy about it. It was like an endless nightmare.

Flashback

"Jungkook?"

I was sitting on a bench, somewhere in a park, close to Mingyu's house. I was deep in thoughts this until someone sat next to me. I didn't even stress myself to turn my head and see who the intruder was.

"You are Jungkook, right? I'm sorry for appearing like this out of nowhere and disturbing you. I just wish to talk to you. Can you just hear me out?"

"Who are you?"

"I'm your mother's husband."

I threw a glance at the man annoyed. It was enough one look to know that he was rich. I chuckled.