twelve

Dangerous

Your pov

I couldn't sleep.
I was in my bed staring at the ceiling.
It was 4 in the morning and here I was thinking about him.
About what happened a few hours ago, before giving him the injection.

Even now, my heart was beating like never before as I recalled the way he approached me. The way he caressed my cheek lovingly. He was Jungkook. That cold bad boy. But at that moment, something had changed. I couldn't erase his expression from my mind as he was searching my face. So much pain, loneliness, fear, and surrender. His cold and unreadable expression changed drastically after I told him that I care.
I couldn't forget his words as well.
"My brain is damaged. This is the reality. Your presence makes things worse."

What did he mean by that? I couldn't understand him.
I wanted to help him, not to aggravate his situation.
I just had to figure out if he truly killed his family in cold blood.

I closed my eyes; even now feeling his arms around me. He suddenly hugged me, taking me completely by surprise. I couldn't see his face at that moment. It was like he was hiding from me.
Not in million years would have I expected for that to happen. I was scared for a moment there, but he was gentle. He was so warm. He could actually be so warm and loving. Not to mention sweet.

I wanted so much to do something for him. To take him out of that dark and frightening place.
He was locked there because he did something horrible. Something that only a monster could do.
But why did every single piece of me was telling me that he was kind? That he had a kind heart? That I should give him a chance? Because of that sweet side of his, I couldn't let it be.

Why couldn't I erase that scene of him with Naeun from my mind?
I feel like my mind is starting to play tricks on me. Being around that boy, little by little was making me lose my concentration.
I started to like that sweet boy. Because of him, I had to give Jungkook a sedative. Because of his nightmares.
I couldn't know him crying all night long somewhere in a dark and cold corner all alone.

What were his nightmares about? Was it possible that he was returning to the night when his family was killed? He was going through everything all over again? It was a possibility. But what about him begging me to make him stop? Make who stop? Was he referring to the other side of him? That frightening one?

" Are you ready to take a shower? " Naeun asked Jungkook the moment she opened the door.

Jungkook was sitting at the edge of the bed when Naeun and a smirking Taehyung entered inside his cell.

Jungkook didn't say a word, he just stood up before slowly heading towards them.
He needed a shower. It was the only moment when he could relax his mind and breathe again. But he wasn't allowed to take a shower every day. Only three days out of the week. It's something he had to accept.

Naeun smiled the moment Jungkook stopped in front of her. She couldn't help but be happy. Today it was her day to be close to him. Even if her Jungkook wasn't the one standing in front of her, she was still happy seeing his beautiful face.

Jungkook's mouth twisted in annoyance. He had nothing against her. She even seemed like a nice girl. But the way she was scanning him made him feel sick, disgusted.
Of course, he heard the rumors. He wasn't stupid. The other prisoners made sure to whistle every time they saw him, praising and complimenting him on how good he was in making the girls scream his name.
And now it was happening again.

"Way to go Jungkook. This little one must really be something else. She was screaming so loud.
How was it, sweetie? Did it fit after all? "

They laughed. Naeun felt her cheeks on fire. She felt like dragging herself in the deepest hole.

Jungkook bit his lip at that. He didn't know about her. He threw Naeun a cold glance, his eyes burning in rage as he glared down at her.

"Bitch."

It was the only thing he said before looking ahead.

Naeun felt like crying. Taehyung was biting his bottom lip to stop himself from laughing.
Then Jungkook and Taehyung entered inside the bathroom while Naeun remained outside, waiting.

"So will you just be staying here and watching me?" Jungkook mumbled as he took his shirt off.

"Do you have a problem with that? " Taehyung grinned at the brown-haired boy. Jungkook just rolled his eyes in boredom before beginning to unzip his pants.

Jungkook always was aware of the way Taehyung was looking at him. He knew that he was hated. He didn't know why though. Jungkook never did anything to him. They barely talked with one another.

Maybe because I am a monster? It wouldn't be the first time. Everyone looks at me like that. Not that I don't deserve it.

Once again that unbearable feeling in his chest appeared.
Once again, the need of taking his life away was dangerously making its way into every inch of his being.
He couldn't breathe. It hurt.

Then taking Jungkook by surprise, Taehyung suddenly grabbed the younger by his neck and pushed him against the wall.
"Listen here you freak. I don't know what the fuck lays in that sick and vicious mind of yours, but you will stop approaching Y/N. Do you fucking understand? Because I swear that I will cut your neck and make everyone believe that you did it yourself."

For a moment Jungkook's body froze.
The impact those words had on him was way bigger than he let it show.
He smiled instead. Hearing your name made him smile. Then everything around him became black. And then he knew. He could feel losing his consciousness, the control of his own body.
Again so... powerless.

Taehyung was glaring at Jungkook the moment the latter started to laugh.
But it was for a short moment because in the next moment Jungkook punched Taehyung in the stomach and then hovered over him when Taehyung held his stomach in pain.

"Did you forget with whom the fuck you are talking to?
If so, then I will make you remember." Jungkook smiled wider, baring his white teeth display as he leaned his face closer to Taehyung's who was groaning in pain.

"Who is the dangerous one between the two of us?
Who is the one handcuffed living in a cage?"
Jungkook asked as he pulled out a knife from the back of his pants before placing it against Taehyung's neck.

Taehyung's eyes widened in fear at the sight of the black knife in Jungkook's hand.
"Oh, this? " Jungkook let out a short laugh. "If I am stuck in a damn cell, that doesn't mean that I can't get my hands on what I need. After all... I am fucking around." Jungkook smirked before stabbing Taehyung in the stomach.

"This is for daring to pronounce my baby's name, you rat."