three

~ His weakness ~

Mingyu gave Jungkook some privacy to get used to his new room and his new life. Even if he had so many things to talk about with him, for now, he thought that it would be better if he kept his distance.

But after two hours of walking around the house... he couldn't wait any longer.

Jungkook was sitting at the edge of his new bed, looking at nothing. He felt Mingyu though, and how the guy was staring at him from behind the half-opened door, probably in a dilemma if he should enter or not. Or maybe because of another reason?

Jungkook sighed as he lifted his arms. "See?  No knife." He rolled his eyes with another sigh the moment Mingyu entered with a troubled smile the room.

"But in your place, I would make sure to get rid of anything sharp I have in the house. "

Mingyu grinned at that.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "Or I guess you already took care of that. "

"Now... " Mingyu started as he picked a chair and placed it in front of Jungkook, then he sat on it with a wide smile.

"You are creepier than me. " Jungkook stated.

Mingyu pouted. "I am still waiting for an apology, you know? "

"And you're not gonna get any. From where I stand, you still owe me. And don't you dare become a victim all of the sudden."

"Did you really want to kill me? "

"No... " Jungkook said as he stood up, suddenly heading towards the bookcase placed somewhere in the corner of the room, close to the window.

Mingyu raised his eyebrows, eyeing him running his fingers across the books.

"I am sorry... " Mingyu whispered. "I tried to be there for you even if it was probably too late. "

"I have to do something and earn some money. " Mingyu heard the boy saying, changing the subject.

"Money? For what?" Mingyu asked confused.

"When I left... I took... her money. I couldn't have gotten here otherwise. So I need to give it back. She works so hard and I can't live knowing..."

"There's no need. " Mingyu said quickly as he stood up.

Jungkook turned around confused.

"Didn't you ask yourself why the money was placed next to your clothes in the first place? That money was for you. Y/N knew you would leave sooner or later. She would never accept money from you. What she did until now was all from her heart. This means that if you would try to pay her kindness with money, she will feel hurt and offended."

Jungkook took a step back like he just had been slapped.
"She knew that... I would leave her? " He bit his trembling lip.

"How long were you conscious? "

Jungkook stared back at Mingyu. "I guess... Two years? I somehow knew she was there. I also could hear her talking to me. But only the last three weeks I was completely awake."

"How did you know how long it had been?  How did you manage to keep track of the time? "

"Because of her. She would talk to me and make sure that I was aware of everything that was happening around me.  Like she knew that I could hear her. She liked to tell stories and... "

Mingyu raised an eyebrow at his sudden silence.

"You don't like her, Jungkook? Is that why you ran away? "