sixteen

~Never as it seems~

This Jungkook was different.

He was holding you in his arms, your back pressed against his body as you were both lying there on his bed, waiting for the sun to make its appearance in the sky.
Searching the security camera with your eyes, you were relieved seeing it pointed toward the door.

His embrace was giving you security. You felt him forcing himself a little to do this, but you couldn't refuse his consolation. You were grateful.

But... he was different. He felt different. Different from him.

You couldn't stop another tear rolling down your cheek, grateful he wouldn't see you this time. It still hurt. You already missed his arms around you. Every night since you came to work here, every night you took care of that boy, caressing his head with your fingers or lips, running your fingers through his hair in consolation. Perhaps even when he cried he was pretending.

"Please stop crying. I don't know what to do. I am not good when it comes to this kind of thing." Jungkook whispered troubled in your ear as he pulled you closer against his warm body, his arms now resting around your waist.

"This is the first time. It's so hard to keep up with everything. But... this is the first time when you are holding me in your arms. "

"Yes."

"That day... when you approached me and caressed my cheek telling me that the reality is that your brain is damaged..."

"It was me."

"Then who hugged me after that... "

Jungkook sighed and you realized. You didn't have to think much about it. The way he hugged you so gently while hiding his face in your hair, you knew that it was the same boy.
But he was so warm, gentle, and careful. How could that be even possible? (Chapter Closer to you).
He was mean. A playboy who likes to fuck around with everyone. A monster.
So why? Was everything calculated and premeditated? But why?  With what purpose?  Just because he liked to play around?

"Y/N, just so you know I- Ican't think about this kind of stuff. I can't allow that to happen. Look at me and what I am. How could I even think about accepting someone in my life? "

You turned quickly in his arms with the intent to make him stop talking in that way, but he was faster as he continued.
"I am not normal." He whispered. And you swallowed hard when a small but painful smile made its appearance on his lips. His eyes were shining with tears in the dim light. "Don't make me hate myself more than I already do. Stop making my heart act weird every time I see you, please."

"Jungkook."

"In that night... when I approached you and touched your cheek I... I actually wanted to kiss you. And thank God that something like that didn't happen. Because it would have been too much for someone like me. "

You were looking at each other, heart beating faster and faster with every second.
You were close to one another. You couldn't stop searching every inch of his face as he was averting his eyes so you couldn't see the fear in them, and also the embarrassment after saying such things.
"But you already fell for someone else. How stupid of me to talk this way." He continued as he kept avoiding your eyes.

Your voice stuck somewhere in your throat. You didn't know what to say, instead, you wrapped your arms around him and hugged him tightly.
"Why do you smell all the time like chocolate?" You asked him softly as you moved your nose closer to his neck breathing in his smell.

"I don't know. But every single day I wake up with the taste of chocolate in my mouth."

Taehyung couldn't stop watching the monitor in front of him. He saw you entering Jungkook's cell. But he couldn't see the two of you and it has been a while since you were there.
Taehyung clenched his fists in anger.
Throwing a glance towards his watch he felt how he was losing his patience as well as his sanity seeing that you weren't leaving.

Taehyung swallowed hard, his heart started to beat faster, chest tightening as he struggled to breathe.
He wanted you out of there.
He hated Jungkook with all his might.
He couldn't forget what he did to him and how he laughed into his face while fucking his girlfriend.

Tears gathered in his eyes, tears of relief when he saw you opening the door two minutes later and leaving.
Then his gaze stopped on Jungkook who was standing there behind the bars looking your way.

His chest tightened even more.

Flashback

Jimin: Are you sure that here we are talking about Y/N?

Tae: Shut up. Stop saying that.
I like her from the first moment she appeared in my life.

Jimin: What it hurt the most, Tae?
That your girlfriend slept with Jungkook...
Or that Jungkook preferred your girlfriend over you?