Back to the present

There's nowhere to run. My vision blurs as the police surround me.
My eyes search for you. I couldn't see you. In fact, I couldn't see anyone.

"Don't! I am begging you. Don't hurt him!"

Everything happens so fast. The headlights blind me. My heart pounds in my chest and ears.

Where is Mingyu?
Please take her out of here.

"Throw your weapon down!" I am ripped out of my trance.

Weapon?

I lift my arms and stare down at my hands. Only then do I realize that I am still holding the gun.

Your cries, their shouts, sounds muffled in my ears. The only thing I can think of is to get you out of here.
But my body isn't reacting. I can move. I am terrified.

"Kookie!!!"

I don't even have time to react when a sudden loud, strong noise makes me flinch.
Instinctively I close my eyes but soon open them wide when I feel myself being grabbed and held by two strong arms.

My knees give out and I collapse to the ground.

Was that a gunfire? I quickly brought my hands to my chest to see if I am shoot. Everything seems in slow motion but there is no blood.

I lift my head and my eyes enlarge at the sight of you looking down at me. I part my lips but nothing comes out.

Why wasn't I shot?

Then I hear someone screaming.

Where is Mingyu?

I take a better look ahead of me and then I realize that you are the one screaming. And then I know the motive behind it.
Tears fill up my eyes as I stare at Mingyu's unconscious body on the ground.