Chapter 4

So. This chapter is pretty imformative of what the book is about. Please read it if you're following the book :3 From here on I'm having so much fun writting the story :D

Kewk :3

+++++

All the way through practice and home, I wasn’t able to concentrate at all. Not by playing music or by listening to the pieces in my iPod. I would find myself ‘lost in thought’ even if I wasn’t thinking about anything in particular... except for the fact that Zoë was going to be a big part of my life whether I wanted it or not.

I had gone downstairs immediately after that to Frank and asked him about it. He simply shrugged and said, “Dad’s idea.”

Of course, let it be because of the wacky Director who I almost never saw to bring such an… eccentric girl to the IMT and ‘develop’ me. ARGH! One thing was to have a new neighbor who would be a daily hassle to me. Another was for that same neighbor to see me every day at my little refuge of a mansion and another thing was her to BE in charge of ME.

Back home I ignored my mom as she said something about going out and that she wouldn’t come back until like midnight. I didn’t care. The only thing I really did care about was to understand all of this. That’s why I left my trumpet in the Director’s office and headed back home in my usual bus instead of waiting to ride back with Zoë. She had been talking to pretty much everyone in the institution while I was in practice so I took that into my advantage. When I got home, her bike was already parked outside her house so I guess she didn’t mind going home alone. I needed time to think instead of confusing myself even more with her presence.

I closed my bedroom door behind me and headed towards my desk where my laptop was. I flipped the screen open and turned the thing on. Maybe I WAS an anti-social geek but I did own my own laptop for school work and the normal investigation needed for that… or mainly my music stuff.

When I logged into it and was already inside the web-browser I went into Yahoo, Google, and any other searching engine you can think of and typed in ‘Zoë Bach’.

My reaction as I went through the web-pages was growing from anxious to disbelief. My eyes got wider by the second and my mouth opened little by little as I read each little detail. I mean, there WAS information about how she was a winner of many extreme sport competitions obviously but I also found things I didn’t expect. Though looking at her last name you could’ve probably guessed it if you know about classical music.

She was a direct Johann Sebastian Bach descendant. Never heard of him? Well, he’s one of those famous musicians from a century and a half ago who probably wrote a song to a tune you probably recognize but can’t name.

The document I downloaded said:

Zoë Bach is an interesting case in the Bach family genealogy. Whether it is because of her different talents separated from the family’s natural musical talent or the fact that the branch of the family she was born to had been hidden from the public until now.

Six generations ago lived Christina Luise Bach, a not well known of grand-daughter of the famous Johann Sebastian Bach. Following a separate family tree through Zoë Bach’s father, Phillip Bach, it has been found out that the only son she conceived was a product of an affair therefore not ‘worthy’ of the father’s last name keeping the last name ‘Bach’. From then on Christina Luise stored away her family’s root until the time of her death. Her secrets were shared with her only son and carried on like that until now. The apparition of a new musical talent with such a famous last name sparked interest in the world.