Chapter 43

Guys! Thank you so much for the 200k reads! First time on that :P

Hope you guys continue reading the story until the end!

Kewk :3

+++

“So.” I heard a familiar (and annoying) male voice say next to me. I looked up at the athletic figure in a gray suit and black tie. His dark hair was cropped close to the sides of his head letting the top be a little longer. His green eyes were covered in dark sunglasses and he had a mocking smile on his face.

“What?” I asked Frank as I served myself orange juice from one of the big tables. “Do you want something.”

Yeah, I know. Why do I sound so hostile? Honestly, I don't know. I've never really had a stable relationship with him, it's always been the love/hate kind. You know what I mean? In any case, I don't like him coming up to me just to tease more or something, like he always does when I come close to his desk inside the building.

“Nothing.” He said as he grabbed the glassoff  from my hand. I swear I was about to punch him but he shrugged dismissively at me as to say that we shouldn't make a big deal out of it. On my part, I just shook my head to calm myself down. “Unlike what you have with the Bach girl.”

I looked up from the big jar to find him with expectant raised eyebrows. I guess he got the reaction he wanted judging at how he smiled more when I felt the slight heat around my cheeks.... But here's the thing: Before, I would've cared about it... but so many people know about it already that Frank doesn't make a difference.

I think he noticed that too because his face dropped in awe and then he scoffed a laugh. “Who would´ve guessed...”

I turned around on the heels of my feet, ignoring whatever else he wanted to say next. Apparently, it didn't seem important since he just called out to me once, not twice like he usually does when he wants to deliver an important message... I know, it's rude, but I can't help it with him. I just don't like him that much.

I walked down the long lawn where the breakfast was being held. It was basically the IMT's backyard.

Obviously, it's one of those annual festivities I never really come to... This time - I was convinced. First of all, everyone was coming so I was having the peer pressure effect. Second of all, the director was going to be present this year... and for some reason I felt like I wanted to see him. The guy behind this whole institution to whom I've just spoken like... three times before... Anyways, the other reason was that it was an opportunity to change environment from studying... and music was not on my list right now.

I know, it doesn't sounds like me... but... I wasn't sure right now about -

“Are your parents coming over.” Heather asked me as she and Simone got to where I was standing.

My eyes landed on the two green-eyed girls and was about to say something to them until something caught my attention... So I glanced down in surprise at their intertwined hands...

...Huh

...I knew it.

When I looked back up Heather had a subtle look on her face and Simone looked nonchalantly to the side. An attitude she had started to show more often as she got comfortable around us. Turns out that she's the lazy-feeling yet socially active kind of person. Hard to explain but it's pretty clear that she fits right into the group.

“Dad is working. Emergency business.” I said to them and they nodded knowing that he was into International Relations. “Mom's coming back from her trip today.”