Chapter 9

So. STATIC readers :D I love this chapter for some reason so I hope you enjoy it. By the way I've seen so many people start reading the book and then read all of the chapters posted so far and even vote for them. I'm so happy about it so to those people: I love you random citizen! (if you get the reference then great! :))

Kewk :3

+++

It was a lot easier than I expected. I think it’s the fact that I’m not religious, and unresponsive to what others think (as my perspective on society relies basically on my point of view) that I have been capable of sort of coming to terms with the possibility of being a lesbian, I think. I mean, I really don’t like guys. I never have looked at them with a drooling face like many girls I see in school, or even made the effort to hold a worthwhile conversation with them. Not counting last weekend’s DJ, Matt (plus that even barely was a conversation).

What I mean is that there hasn’t been any attraction whatsoever. Unless they have a really nice face and body… sometimes.

On the other hand I did notice something… that I DO tend to look at girls more. Maybe I am an anti-social person but always that I look my eyes would directly lock on girls’ expressions, actions and even once I found myself weighing how pretty some were according to what I saw. I mean, it had happened before that I’d to that but I never really put much thought into it but now. It makes sense to me now why I thought Zoë was so pretty when I first met her. It’s because she IS but I felt so much more attracted because… because of my possible sexual orientation towards women.

However, that didn’t change the fact that Zoë is the conductor of my future orchestra and has a job to bring me out of ‘that shell’ of mine…

But anyway, today it was FINALLY the last day before Christmas break. Man, I needed it already. I totally was in necessity for a break from all this ruckus… or at least the socializing part of it. You could tell I was enjoying it prematurely in Math class because I had my earphones on while we did this booklet the teacher had handed us. After this I had lunch and then 2 more period and DONE! YES!

In this sense, I am like the typical teenager.

I felt a tapping on my shoulder then but I didn’t pay attention to it knowing it was Zoë. It was probably one of her usual habits like tapping on the table, stomping her foot hard on the floor suddenly or just bobbing her head to some song she was just remembering spontaneously. I would always attribute those sorts of obsessive actions to the fact that her hyper activeness had no place to channel itself into. She was always fine when coming to school, probably due to the fact that she would ride her motorcycle but after less than 2 hours she was already going at it. Then after practicing at the IMT she would go back to the composed person I knew she was.

I guess I was wrong about it this time because she took off one of my earphones and touched my hand to catch my attention. I slowly turned my head to her and raised one of my eyebrows in question. It wasn’t unusual that we were sitting together but by now everyone knew that if they saw us together it was a waste of time to pay attention to us. We rarely talked in class, for example on Monday that I was having my hormonal changes so that was an exception. However if Zoë was alone, then almost everyone would swarm into her presence almost as if she was the Queen Bee of the school. Yeah it was that bad.

So the fact that she wanted to talk to me seemed important. Zoë looked at the teacher who was doing who-knows-what in the computer, then at our geeky classmates and then back at me. It was too quiet for us to talk unnoticed, plus Zoë was following the conditions that I had set up a few weeks back. No talking to me in exchange of no one bothering her in class. Zoë shoved her squared-lined paper to my direction and started writing with that awful handwriting of hers.  I always thought that that was because she hadn’t been in school for a few years. Meaning no practicing writing neatly for teachers who annoyingly check your note book.