Chapter 55

You should've thought of that before.” You'd say.

Stop being such a lazy idiot.” You'd say.

I knew you'd come to your senses at some point.” You'd say.

Everyone would've killed you if you hadn't chosen to stick with her.” You'd say.

Stop being such a depressing sloth!” You'd say.

Get out of bed!”

Get on your bike already!”

Do what you have to do, Zoë.”

It'll be okay.” She said to me that time I finally gathered myself up to go to the IMT. She handed me her iPod and earphones just to make the process a little better. “Go to the 'To Play Later' playlists. They're really good songs.”

It didn't really matter how good they were or how good they were not, but following the sound of the lyrics and notes really made the ride much easier. That, at least, in addition to her hand constantly being on mine.

I have to admit that it's hard to believe how much she's changed. It almost brings a goofy smile to my face... almost. It's not like I'm ridiculously happy about it. I'm simply glad because I could not had phantomed what has happened with her until now.

Really... I could not.

Not even how much I'd fall for her.

I knew this was crazy right from the star.

How she changed when we talked about music. How she dared to face the flow of events I was accompanied with. How she'd just grab any song and fix it so that she could play the trumpet. How her face automatically made this small frown in concetration as she'd listen to the tracks in her studio...

The way she opened up to my friends.

The way they all became her own friends.

Her hands gliding over the acoustic guitar with such gentleness. The surprise I got when I realized she could sing. Our voices harmonizing well, not perfectly, but well enough...

The grip of her arms around my waist feeling more secure by the day as we rode my motorcycle to school.

How her smile glowed brighter by the minute I knew her more.

And also how her touch was so breath-taking at first, so awkward and clumsy... and then how it felt just right... and then how it stopped leaving just a buzz on my skin but also a sense of security and comfort.

I have really fallen so hard for her .

It's also crazy to believe that she really has been there all the time. I didn't really want to tell her about my sister but that's probably the main reason why it was so hard to deal with it. And still, she stayed even if she didn't know what to say. She supported me all the way through and kept at it with Jessica...