Chapter 12.2

So, dear Static readers. I won't be able to post for a while :( Like a month to be honest. I will be so full with exams and all! I won't even be able to go to my therapies (back spasm) or anything! But after that, it's summer vacations so don't worry :3 But if I do post at some point before that month it's because I somehow found some time.

Anyways, I like this chapter for some reason. It's really... like... deep in a sense? I don't know. Just read it :3

Kewk :3

p.s. I'd advice you to listen to the song next to the chapter ------------------------------------> and below at the last part cuz I think it's important :3

+++

There were many other things… other than the stage fright and how it came to be that have stopped me from playing publicly. Or at least, show my talent.  I enjoyed playing. I enjoyed performing. That’s the simplest of things I can describe music as when I was younger… but there was something that always scared me to death. That was exactly and horribly to try to not disappoint my mom.

It’s not that she was strict or anything, it was just that every time people clapped a lot, after the concert or small performance my mom’s eyes would shine so much. I knew that I, playing the trumpet, held some significance in her ego.

It was dumb now that I think about it, that my personal point of view of success was based on my mom’s reaction. But I was too observant to ignore her… much less if the quality of my playing also determined the enjoyment of others. Because it wasn’t only the public, but my mom.

That’s why that night in L.A. I didn’t stop playing when I realized how much of a burden this responsibility had become for me. I didn’t want to see disappointment in her eyes. At least, I’d simply go through with it and see what would happen later.

Now, we have a simple relationship. One I don’t really mind. We talk to each other when we need to. She pushes me to continue with my independent studies plus the IMT and I ignore anything else that is not important. And we make food for each other if we feel like it, or just the coffee. Now, she also has her Kindle which I guess is a nice substitute of entertainment.

--

“Hey guys.” Zoë said to Heather and the guy who stood next to her in a white suit. “Heather, you already know Alex, but Craig, you don’t know Alex. So, Alex this is Craig and Craig this is Alex.”

I looked at the tall… teenager who eyed me with big brown eyes that sort of reminded me of a cow. That is to say, he looked innocent despite his stature. I could tell his softly brown colored hair was long since he had combed it to the side but it curled up at the ends way down under his right ear. On the other side, his left ear was exposed to reveal a silver earring that looped at his earlobe.

“Nice to meet you.” He said stretching his hand to me.

“Oh. You’re British?” I asked suddenly with no hint of shyness in my voice for some reason.

Craig chuckled, “Yeah. From Yorkshire.”

“Nice.” I said smiling.

Craig smiled back at me with his eyebrows slightly raised as if doing a frown upwards. “Thanks but it’s fairly normal to me.”

“I bet.” I said. Man, this guy was surprisingly easy to talk to… It’s safe to say that he gave me a strange vibe that there was no doubt that he wouldn’t judge me for anything. Or at least I truly didn’t have to bother about what I did or said around him. Craig, huh?