Chapter 29

I owe her one? Well, that’s for sure. Although it’s certainly not sure if I should worry that or not… I mean, it’s Heather.

Uh… Anyways, I guess I had my resolution now?...

Alex, think. I told myself as I exited the school auditorium after putting my trumpet case away. I really did need to calm down since I had just gone from total confusion in front of Zoë to now heading to face her after ‘thinking about it’. I mean, I don’t even know what the heck I’m going to say which is even worse… but maybe, considering it’s Zoë, she’ll help me out if she sees I’m stuck right? Like she always does?...

I have a strange feeling it won’t be like that this time though…

Sigh…

It’s hard to think about it, really. ME being HER girlfriend? Not that I have low self-esteem or anything it’s just that… Zoë? Zoë? The extrovert school beauty QUEEN who does everything whenever she can and doesn’t stop to think about it because according to her it’ll always be okay? With me? The introvert music freak who… well, nothing else?

I mean, why?...

I feel like the answer’s right in front of my nose but I honestly have no idea at the moment…

Oh, I know. When I see her, I’m going to have her give me the reasons before I say anything. That’s a plan, I guess.

Ugh, so complicated.

“Jessica was right…” Sounded a voice right outside the auditorium, “She said you’d be the comprehensive kind.”

When I heard that I stopped right before I got out since by the tone of that girl’s voice… what she was saying was a little private.

“I guess. But don’t worry about it. I’m not judging you for that, it just turned out to be that way.” Zoë said with the calm voice she always uses when she doesn’t want to invade someone’s personal space but wants them to understand that she gets it… “You’ll have fun with us. Plus, I can tell you’re more than you’re showing right now. Did any sports back there?”

“Swimming, but I’ve stopped for a while since all of that was going on…” The girl said.

Simone was her name?... Wait, Simone? Simone was the name of a girl who USED to go to the IMT with her twin sister a few years ago… Is that her? Well, judging on the possible green eyes and dark-brown hair it’s possible her… I didn’t know her name at first but I remember easily figuring out who was who. Amanda and Simone huh? I wonder what happened…

“You’ll probably find some fun stuff around here.” Zoë said.

“What about orchestra practice?” Simone asked.

“Oh, Thursdays and Tuesdays there’s none because everyone wants to study for the exams… You look for clubs you’re interested in and then come talk to me. We’ll figure something out anyways, alright?”

“Okay… Thanks. I gotta go.” Simone said, “So do I come tomorrow?”

“Sure, come.” Zoë replied cheerfully as always.

“Okay then. Bye.” Simone said sounding a little calmer and confident now. After a few seconds she spoke again but I could tell she’d travelled down the corridor already. “Nice to meet you!”

“Same!” Zoë shouted back but then I heard her turn around and whisper, “Wow… Well, I guess -”

“Woah!” I said surprised at how quickly she’d turned around at the entrance.

“Alex!” Zoë said surprised. Then her eyebrows contorted into a frown and her eyes darted quickly to the side, “Did you hear anything?”

“Well…” I said looking at Zoë’s eyes and not diverting my own to make sure she’d know that I was going to answer one way or the other… even though I’m prematurely scared as hell already. “Yeah but just about how you’re a comprehensive person and all… I think I know her.”