Chapter 40

Okay, first of all, let me say that I like this chapter. Hope you guys too. 

In this one there's a song, and let me say that even though I'm not a GLEE fan, I love this song. It's from the Quaterback episode (which I didn't watch) just in case you wanted to know.

Kewk :3

+++

It was a lot that happened. So much that it took me a few hours to piece everything together in my head. I had what Jessica and Heather told me, and also whatever Zoë decided to tell me once we were home. She had decided to stay over at my house, and I say that SHE decided because she actually did. I didn´t complain over it. Zoë probably didn´t want to under the same roof as the other two people who were the most involved. Plus, my place, is probably one of the most traquil places you can be in. At least judging on how my parents don´t bother to interrupt us... like hers do.

Anyways, it took a while for Zoë to say everything. Sometimes she´d just stay silent and other times she´d start crying. Crying in the same way as before, quietly and without any real expression on her face. It was almost as if she were thinking and the tears weren´t something she noticed.

Turns out that Zoë´s sister was 8 years older than her. In appearance she was similar to her dad. Same chestnut hair, which Zoë had inherited too, but she had the olive skin her dad had but a little darker. Her eyes were also blue like her mom´s and their personalities were similar. While Zoë was the most mischevious, Frances was more of an observer. She´d shown maturity early in her life and was less for sports and more for school, music and arts.

When Frances graduated from Highschool, she hadn´t known what to do but she was sure, according to Zoë, that she wanted to do something related to music. Due to that, she took a sabbatical year to explore different places around the world and their musical culture. When she came back to France, where Zoë and her parents had moved after Zoë showed a lot of interest and talent in music, Frances took it as her duty to find a way to become a successful producer.

She used to say, 'I have great judgement now. I know how well sounds can blend together.'” Zoë had said to me last night.

Little by little, she actually did become famous for that sensitivity of sounds. She started off my recording people on the streets for free at the studio her parents bought her a yearly membership for. Eventually she began to sell the songs since they were so well produced. She'd give most of the percentage to the artists and simply continue what she was doing, until she got a job at a big recording industry in the country. Little by little she got promoted until she got the highest job she'd allow herself to be in. She didn't want to be in charge of business or be the CEO. She wanted to stay within the process.

She stayed as the top producer in Europe for two years before the suicide, and even before those two years Zoë was already making headlines as a great musician. During those years was when Zoë finally decided to put her conducting lessons into practice resulting into great concerts which her sister recorded sometimes. She was always there through, no matter where they were.

From what Zoë knew, Frances never really had a partner. That didn't mean she was a loner though. Her sister was the type to never stick to one person. She'd be responsible and be with someone one night and then a few weeks laterr she'd be with someone else for a night. Everyone knew Frances was like that, but she always picked those people she trusted.

I was really close to her, Zoë said to me once she started telling me about more recent events. Sometimes she'd just take a day off and call me over to her house. She started living alone once she got the job at the recording company... We'd just go off on train rides to Germany, Switzerland or Spain. Change environment, you know? Frances would say, 'Sometimes, we have to take a break from what we like the most, Zoë, to remind us that there's much more to do. To check if what we're doing is really what we want to do.'... She was really wise. I admired her... Not in the I-want-to-be-like-her admiration. I wanted to find something that inspires me in life just like what she was doing.