Chapter 34

Well, this is an interesting one...

Anyways. I'm on winter break! I feel soooo relieved! :3

Kewk :3

P.S I just realized that my book has got more than 100k reads...

+++

Simone got out of the hospital quickly, so there were no real complications there. Of course, she felt as tired as hell and her body ached due to the convulsions. Other than that though, there were no problems going on. It was like that for a week to be honest. We were all in MOCK exam period which is a simulation of the real exams we were going to have at the end of the school year to end the program we were taking.

It was going to take a week and a half. More than 10 exams in that period of time. And it became stressful. So stressful because I really had no time for anything. Anything, meaning, music… or, well, Zoë.

I walked down from school, alone, with Chemistry books in hand and already planning my study schedule for the weekend. I´d probably have to consider trying to sleep the full 8 hours tonight since the whole week I had been studying until late at night. Then take a few moments to study Chem, then Math, and then English literature… my final 6 exams – I had two for each…

I had been studying for them since earlier, like, last October… it´s just that with the increment in practices and me getting sick some parts I had planned to go over hadn´t been covered before the exams… but since I had no problem revising then I guess it wasn´t as bad as it seemed to be.

I walked up the cement path towards the front door of my house, glanced towards Zoë´s house and smiled. I felt a little sorry for Zoë. She had to do more exams than I simply because she´d gotten in late to the program so she hadn´t done the papers we had to do. They´re called Internal Assessments which you had to do along the 2 years of the program or instead, you´d have more exams.

Point is. Exam period. I had exams. Everyone had exams. But Zoë had more.

For example: Today, me and Zoë had History but she had to stay for an extra exam.

Yep. She´s got it a little tougher.

Anyways, when I got into  my house I directly headed towards the kitchen – my usual pattern. There I found my Dad, not on a business trip and in a week break from work, drinking a cup of coffee at the kitchen island. He looked up from my mom´s Kindle when I came in, looked at me in the eyes and I did so too. Our form of greeting.

“How was History?” He asked me as I opened the fridge

“Easy.” I replied honestly, I was lucky enough to have studied what appeared in it.

“And Zoë?”

“She had to stay over for the other exam.” I said looking for the almond milk. It was usually on the side, but judging on how my dad´s coffee was a pale brown I looked for it behind the jug of water and it was there, as expected. “You´ve rested?”

I turned around, unscrewing the little cap at the top of the milk carton and drinking straight out of it. It was almost empty so there was no problem in me doing this at the moment. I eyed my dad and realized how our communication skills had improved in these past few months. I mean, I pretty much gave up on trying to ignore him every time I´d be home at the same time as him. Especially if he took it as an advantage to ask me what was going on with my life.

Exactly why, I think, he attempted to

“Hey, Megan?” He asked me right when I was going to leave the kitchen.