Chapter 31.2

Okay guys so this is quite an emotional one influenced by the fact that I´ve been into a lot of business lately relating heart-felt things.

Anyways, enjoy this chapter even though it migth seem overly emotional and a change of tone from the last chapter.

Kewk :3

P.S. don´t forget the last chapter though, I taking it again in the chapter to come.

Oh, and listen to the song in the right, it´s really nice. Just change the piano melody to a trumpet one. If you can´t, dw, it´s still awesome.

+++

I remember that song being played in my grandparents´ funeral. Four years ago… almost five years ago in a few months’ time…

When I heard that they´d died consecutively, first my grandma, Vi, and then my grandpa, Clah, I was completely devastated. My mom had told me about it since my dad was still dealing with it himself. I can only remember myself running up to my room and lying face down on the pillow, crying my eyes out.

At that time, everything was going fine for me. Better than expected. My musical abilities were progressing at an incredible pace without much external influences and because of that, I had barely seen them in this past year. It was even worse to realize that last time I had seen them was 2 months ago, at their 45th anniversary…

At least your last memory of them is a happy one, Alex. I told myself.

It was hard though, extremely. And I wasn´t the only one who absolutely loved them. My dad… well, they were his parents so he was on par with me.

On the other hand, my mom, was our pillar that time… yet I could see, after the shock had passed that when she was driving us to the funeral her eyes started to well with tears.

It hurt all of us.

Yet, at that moment, when I heard that song… I swear that every single tear of sadness came out of my eyes as happiness. I didn´t really care about the lyrics… but it was about the sounds the voice made along with the acoustic guitar.

---

So far, we´d played Jupiter by Gustav Holst (only the main part though, since apparently – it was a hard piece to play completely… according to Zoë.), a Mamma Mia mashup, Carmina Burana, a short version of Ode to Joy and a few others. In total, there were 6 orchestra pieces which varied from modern to classic styles of music.

The last piece, was the song I´d chosen with Zoë to play accompanied by the orchestra.

When Zoë had laid the 5 pieces of paper in front of me in my room during the week that I was still sick, she´s made me choose what song I wanted to play. It wasn´t a hard choice since in the moment that the 5 sheets were in front of me, my eyes darted towards the one with the title I was really familiar with… It´s high and dropping letters, and the expression of the words itself.

I wasn´t interested on the word, but I knew that a title was needed and this one it had been baptized with was probably the best description of the song.

Hallelujah.

Yep. That song. I´m not a Christian or any of that sort but I appreciate good music. This song written by Leonard Cohen had been played at their funeral and ever since, I´ve tried to make myself understand what the song meant. It had just been recently that I saw that it was much more than just the words. Through its sounds I understood it meant that things were going to be okay, that freedom isn´t about the people around you but what you can achieve yourself. It took me so long to get it. Back then, I had felt it raw. Now, I understood it as a part of me.