Chapter 25

So, I'm facing some kind of.... block with this story. But it's the same thing in general, but I'll get though it!

Anyways, so I thought that it'd be nice to finally have Alex accept things (Zoë) a little. 

Please tell me what you think and hope you enjoy it :D

Kewk :3

+++

I surrounded her neck with my arms and let them rest on her shoulders as I felt Zoë’s lips kissing mine… and mine kissing hers.

Apparently  after Zoë singing to me ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love’ in a confessional way and feeling that my whole body was shattering from the effect both the memory of the sound and her lips had on me, I pretty much gave up on any idea to push Zoë away. Or hold back.

Hold back what? I’m not sure exactly what it is. But I don’t really care at the moment.

I felt Zoë’s hands on my waist, then run up my back (while sending shivers down my spine), reach up to my face from around my arms and pull back slightly as she moved my black-rimmed glasses up on my hair.

I felt her smirk against me after faintly locking eyes. Maybe neither of us was really perceptive about it but I’m sure I started to blush…Which honestly feels incredibly impossible considering I’d been blushing full-out for more than 5 minutes already. And for pretty much 5 more, I think, we continued to kiss here. In the main corridor of my house, with the lights off, with the cold wind flowing in from the outside and each touch from Zoë now warm against what skin of mine she could touch.

Until, of course, we heard the distinctive sound of my parents’ SUV arriving outside. The lights were so strong that I could even see the difference in lighting from behind my eyelids. I opened my eyes with a start, knowing too well that I didn’t want my parents barging in right now. For many reasons which I didn’t want to think about right now. Na-ah, no way.

I turned back from Zoë after verifying that they’d open the garage door. They’d probably be coming in from the other entrance, not the front door.

So when I did, Zoë glanced to me with lips parted and huffing air a little hard. Her face was still towards the direction of the garage, but her eyes stared at me looking as if there was actually sunlight right now. Striking.

Zoë pursed her lips, but I could tell she was trying to hide a smile. One which came out after trying to fight it for a few seconds. “Think they saw us?”

Leave it to her to be normal NOW.

 “I-I don’t know.” I confessed blushing slightly by the way she was looking at me.

“Then I’ll leave.” Zoë whispered taking her hands off from me but not before pulling my glasses on. “Tell them I say ‘hi’, okay?”

“Yeah… okay.” I said in the same volume and feeling a little cold already… Sigh… It’s hard to admit it but… I want to kiss her so badly already.

And as if knowing what I was thinking, Zoë leaned into me straight ahead, since we’re almost the same height, and kissed me again. She did that while she grabbed my hand and lead it up to her chest, where her heart was beating like crazy.

“Remember that.” One side of Zoë’s lips curled into a small smile, “Bye then.”

She pressed my hand again and took a few steps outside before looking back at me again. Her face was serious, but I guess that didn’t matter since I think mine was too… It felt as if there was some kind of magnet keeping us from looking away from each other, but the sound of the garage door slipping to a close seemed to bring us back to reality.

“Megan?” My dad called slightly form way inside the house, the kitchen. “Are you just coming in?”

“Y-yeah,” I said after blinking once and slightly turning my face backwards, but never taking off my eyes from the blue-eyed girl. “I am.”

Zoë gave me a pressed-lipped smile and waved shortly. Then she mouthed, “Bye.”

When she disappeared out of my sight while I took off my coat and shoes, I finally closed the door.

..

.

I sighed strongly feeling as if every nerve of my body was exhaling from some kind of sudden adrenaline rush.

Wow…

Wow…

Wow wow wow…

Um…

Okay… So…

Oh man, I don’t even know what to think right now. Feels like my hamster wheel is running non-stop and isn’t allowing me to form any clear thoughts.

I-I…just… kissed/sort of made out/made out, with Zoë… with Zoë.

With Zoë!

“Hey…” I heard from behind me. I’d been meaning to go up to my room, but my limited thoughts left me standing there with one foot on the first step and with my hand holding onto the railing. Meaning, that I was probably already acting strangely. “Are you alright?”

I looked over my shoulder to see my mom barefoot and holding onto her high-heels with her other hand, staring at me with a frown. Her light-brown eyes focusing on mine as if she was worried about me.

“Um…” I said looking down and then forcing myself to look back at my mom. For some reason, I was feeling annoyed now. “Yeah. Just going up to my room.”

“You didn’t have dinner?” My mom asked now getting closer since she probably wanted to go up the stairs too.

I took my hand off the railing to make space for her. “Had it at Zoë’s. She invited me.”

“Really?” My mom asked not sounding so surprised but her eyebrows clearly rising up. “That’s strange for you.”

“Well,” I said, “What do you know?”

My mom sighed, “Well,” she said in my same tone. “I was commenting. So anyway, I hope you had a great time there, I’ll see you tomorrow in the morning.”

And with that, she went up ahead of me as I followed behind with probably a scowl… I don’t know what it was between me and my mom, but I always would get annoyed with her.

As I reached my door, my hand started twitching a little but either way I turned the doorknob and made my way into my room. Once I was inside, all I did was sit down on the wall next to the door in a little ball.

… Did I do this last week?...

Don’t remember.

Well, but anyways… meeting my mom back there only gave me a small pause to what I was feeling.

Hands sweating and trembling. Legs trembling as well. Heart beating quickly and hard against my chest to the point that I could see the fabric of my sweater pounding… My face feeling incredibly warm and a smile was threatening to appear on my lips…

Lips…

Yeah, and one more thing. This awful sensation I get which similar to boiling in my stomach after every time I think of Zoë kissing me… and me kissing her back.

Damn, if I’m right then I’m probably totally happy about this.