Chapter 18

Okaaaaay, so let me say before hand that this chapter is out of the ordinary and it's different because I had no way of transitioning to the next part of the story without making it strange. This might be a little awkward but I know the following chapters ( *whispers* Heather and Alex's date) are going to be interesting.

Also, sorry for not posting in a long time. I've been really busy and tired :S. 

Here it is though

enjoy and tell me what you think.

this is just one of a time kind of thing

Kewk :3

+++

Thursday January 9th

Dear Diary,

I know I’m too grown up for these kinds of things but I’ve always wanted to write a diary because, when I write, I find myself being able to express things more clearly. Express them even to myself because I never know what to do. Being a boy whose life was always a little dull because of his own nature was always really tough when I was younger…

But anyway, I haven’t written an entry for such a long time. Last one was almost a year ago. Seems I only write when I want to read things over, almost as if it were a memory I can surely look back on. Certainly right now, I feel like I want to – more than look back on it – analyze what’s going on.

The problem right now is my daughter, Megan… Or Alexandra, Alex… she’s never really mentioned anything on how I call her by her first name so I’ve always stuck with Megan… also because that’s the name I chose while Julie, my wife, chose Alexandra.

I’m getting side-tracked.

So going back to what’s going on, it all started on the night of her birthday. January 6th. I had wrapped the 3 gifts that I got for her and had set on the kitchen island. Like usually, I thought, she’d come back home and make herself some food (something she’d made perfectly clear about – even on her birthday she’d fix her own dinner). Yet she was already coming later than she normally would. Although I wasn’t really worried because Zoë hadn’t come back either. Megan was probably still with her at the IMT or they’d stop somewhere to celebrate.

I’m so glad that she’s made a friend already. By the time I was home at the end of the year from work in Switzerland those two seemed to be rather close for people who’d just met. Especially considering my daughter suddenly started showing signs of my own anti-socialism a few years ago…

When Megan came home I was ready to turn around from the living room couch and say to her ‘happy birthday’… But she simply dropped her school bag next to the main door and made her way quickly up the stairs.

“That’s strange…” I had said, half saying it to Julie.

“A little.” Julie had answered back raising her face from her Kindle towards the stairs.

It was definitely strange. It’s a routine for Megan to head to the kitchen and find us both on the couch. Even Julie had thought it was out of the ordinary, since she’d almost never stop looking at her e-reader. Ever since I bought her that thing she’s stop talking as much. Not a bad thing really for me, since we’ve never been the type to talk a lot… only when necessary. Same with Megan.

“I’ll go check up on her.”

I stood up but then leaned down to kiss Julie. She saw me and leaned up to meet me.