❤︎sᴀʀᴄᴀsᴍ❤︎

𝕸y first week at Hogwarts flew by quickly, and I was settling into the castle quite well I believe

𝕸y first week at Hogwarts flew by quickly, and I was settling into the castle quite well I believe. It was definitely a new environment to adjust to, there was some parts of me that missed France but other parts absolutely adoring Scotland. I had gotten closer with the girls and some of the boys in my house, Sirius was still making snarky comments about me. If he would, I would try to start off fresh again with him, I don't think we got off on the right foot, however he seems insistent on hating me for whatever reason. I don't necessarily believe it was because of the comment I made when we first arrived, I think he would have gotten over that, but he is holding a grudge against me for some reason.

I was rested in the common room with my headphones over my ears, listening to my cassette with my favourite songs on, currently writing my essay for DADA. I had Magnolia at my feet, glancing down at her every couple of moments to check she was still asleep whilst I hummed along to the tune. Subconsciously, I began singing along to the song 'honey, honey' by ABBA, a muggle band my father and I like to listen to in our free time. We really liked their music, more than the music in the Wizarding World.

"Hé!" I mumbled when someone took my headphones off my head behind me, my eyebrows furrowing. I glanced up to find the group I had become friends all gathered around me, Magnolia in Remus' arms. Huh. When did they get there?

"You were singing" Sirius spoke in a flat tone, placing the headphones down on the wooden table, still standing behind me.

"Abba?" James beamed, nodding to the cassette. I nodded in confirmation, scanning my eyes over them.

"Sorry" I apologised, gulping slightly. I didn't mean to sing, i'm used to being able to sing at Beauxbatons whenever I wanted and it wouldn't affect anyone because we all had extra curricular talents and most of them were veela anyway, Hogwarts was a different case.

"Don't apologise" Remus smiled, Magnolia nuzzling her head into his chest. She really likes him.

"Are you a siren?" Mary blurted, covering her mouth as soon as she said it, everyone flickering their eyes between the two of us.

"You like Abba?" I changed the subject, shifting my gaze back to the bespectacled boy, handing him my cassette and headphones, "Papa and I made this, it has our favourite songs on"

"Thanks, Beaufort" He grinned, taking it out of my hands so he could listen to it in the future.

"Amore" I corrected, smiling at him. I'd known him a week, it was about time he called me my first name like the girls and Remus did.

"It sounds so much prettier when you say it" Marlene huffed, plonking down on the chair beside me, folding her arms over her chest.

"Maybe because she's French" Sirius deadpanned, moving over from the group on to the couch in the middle of the common room.