❤︎︎ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ❤︎︎

𝕽egulus rubbed the corner of his journal between his forefinger and thumb at the breakfast table, blocking out the girly chat between the Gryffindors

It mostly consisted of Lily painstakingly babbling on about James Potter and the events of their Hogsmeade date days prior. To anyone with a pair of eyes and a working brain to go along with it, it's obvious she's developing a crush the size of the Black Lake, yet is insistent to take things slow, hoping he'll hold out on this maturity he's been showing recently.

He was still quite hostile towards the red head after the way she's treated his honorary sister in previous times, Amore's forgiven her, yes, but Regulus reminds her to never forget. He spares a glance towards the furry puppy in the small space between him and Amore on the bench, giving her head a friendly pat as she blinks up at him, tail wagging happily.

"Ça va?"

He tips his head upwards, finding those warm chocolate on him, head cocked to the side in question. The corner of his lips twitched, humming with a nod. His head ducked and he scrunched up his nose when she ruffled his tousled curls, planting a sisterly kiss to his cheek.

"I never thought i'd live to see the day I walk into the common room to find you and Potter drooling over each other, snoozing away" Marlene declares, twirling the piece of bacon on her fork to exaggerate her point, Lily's cheeks pinking, defending,

"We weren't — I was not drooling over him!"

The Scottish blonde hummed, unconvinced, taking a bite out of her bacon, ignoring the glare Lily was casting her way, insisting there was no drooling on her behalf. Mary snorted in laughter, bringing her steaming cup of tea up to her lips whilst Alice sighs dreamily,

"Isn't it lovely? That there's so much love blossoming — and just in time for Valentines day too"

I exchanged an amused glance with Mary across from me as Lily's eyebrows shot to her hairline, shaking her head at the 'L' bomb Alice had just dropped. All they've heard since James had laid his eyes on Lily was that it was love at first sight — and me too since joining Hogwarts — it wouldn't be all that surprising if they said their 'I love you's' quicker than the average couple getting to know each other.

"Love? Absolutely not, I don't think so. It's just one date, that's all" She states firmly, the glare setting on me next — much to Regulus' displeasure — once I added on mischievously,

"And weeks and weeks worth of snogging"

"Oh, shut up Mrs Padfoot" She fires back through narrowed emerald eyes, expecting that to put me on the same end of the stick as her, rosy cheeks and bashful smiles. It didn't, not in the slightest, heart rate kicking up instead, sending her a wink over the rim of my own drink.

Regulus' nose scrunches further, feeling a nauseating twist in his stomach. It's far too early to start on Sirius and Amore's lovesickness — in fact, any time of day is too early to start on it, it shouldn't be discussed at all, he already sees far too much of it, there's no need to talk about it too. Though, if they're happy, he supposes he can cope for a few minutes longer. Just a little.