❤︎ᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇs ᴅᴀʏ❤︎

𝖁alentines day, February 14th, the day when people express their love by tokens of affection and gifts

𝖁alentines day, February 14th, the day when people express their love by tokens of affection and gifts. Some would write letters of admiration, some would declare their undying love with a note, anonymous or known and some would send girls their favourite flowers. I always felt a special connection with the day due to my name, not romantically for anyone else, but for myself. Amore. I suppose it was like Sirius and his stars, it is practically my birthright to adore the day. I took a long, hot shower in the morning, to feel fresh and clean before getting ready for my day full of classes. My hair had now faded back into my usual golden colour which I was quite happy about, I missed it.

"Happy Amore day!" James beamed when I met the boys in the common room before we had to go to breakfast.

"Oh, is it your birthday?" Peter questioned, tilting his head to the side.

"No, it's not, you're good Wormy" Sirius told him, when I opened and closed my mouth not wanting to mention my birthday because they would want to find out when it is and they'll probably kill me for missing it.

"When is your birthday?" Remus inquired, my eyes averting away from him.

"I have one this year" I mumbled, the three boy's eyes furrowing in confusion at my secretiveness. "Send anyone a valentine, boys?"

"Of course" James grinned, the five of us beginning to make our way towards the great hall. I wonder who he's sent his valentine to?

"I don't send valentines, Princess, I receive them" Sirius scoffed, causing me to push him away from me, "Abuseophile" He cried, pushing me back.

"You can't do that, it's my special day" I grinned, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

"Its not Beaufort day, it's Valentines day" He retorted, Remus throwing his arm over my shoulder and separating us from each other.   Say Amore, Sirius, say Amore.

"Amore means love, today is about love, meaning it's Amore day" James declared as we arrived at the big oak doors.

The great hall was filled with sweet treats of colours of pink and red. There was tiny hearts hanging from the ceiling, creating a love effect. We made our way to our seats, eyeing the special breakfast; pink waffles and pancakes, strawberries cut into hearts, pink juice...It was very different to what i'm used to. My usual breakfast wasn't on the table, it had been subsided for other things.

"This looks amazing!" Peter beamed, scanning over all the exquisite food for the occasion. I lifted my head up meeting a pair of grey eyes as he nodded towards the food, I gulped, biting my lip as his eyes searched over my features. He got up and left the hall, muttering 'i'll be back in a moment' to us all. Weird.

"H-hi Amore, I-uh- I" A older hufflepuff boy stuttered from behind me, catching my attention as I turned around to face him, a tint of rosy red on his cheeks, "I- got you these" He blurted, handing me a bouquet of pink roses, my heart warming.