❤︎ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ❤︎

𝕿he rain pattered on the windows of the Hogwarts castle, clouds of dark grey filling the sky, making the daylight seem darker than usual

𝕿he rain pattered on the windows of the Hogwarts castle, clouds of dark grey filling the sky, making the daylight seem darker than usual. A usual Thursday in February in Scotland. I had grown to like the darker days with the rain around the castle, Hogwarts had a special feeling that makes everything seem more relaxing and serene this time of year. The group of us arrived at potions taking our respected seats and waiting for cheery Professor Slughorn to arrive. James and Sirius were sat to our left and Peter was sat with Mary on our right, Remus taking the spot beside me.

"Do you want to go to the library later?" Remus questioned, bringing his equipment out of his bag, turning to me.

"Sounds good" I nodded, twirling my golden hair around my finger, pondering for a few moments, "Is it me or is it oddly quiet?"

"Oh no" Remus muttered, running his hand through his hair.

"What's wrong?"

"That means they are up to no good" He sighed, the two of us switching our gaze over to the two Gryffindor boys, conversing quietly,

"Wasn't it you that pulled the last prank? Filling the Slytherin common room with red and gold glitter?" I queried, a smirk forming on his scarred face. I swear he's just as bad as James and Sirius, he just acts innocent.

"It lasted on them for weeks, all in their shoes and everything" He chuckled, eyeing the Slytherins across the classroom, still having speckles of glitter on their robes or hair. "That's the problem, if they're up to something, no good can come from it"

"Idiots"

"Good morning class! Get your books out" Slughorn greeted, entering the room and walking to the front. He says this every class and every class, everyone already has their books out. I droned out of whatever he was saying, doodling on my parchment and writing down random words and patterns with my ink. "Now, with your partners you will decide on a potion and complete a project that you will hand in and then you will make this potion in the lesson to be graded on"

"We got this Padfoot" James grinned, giving a high five to Sirius.

"Oh no, I've learned from the past. I have assigned the partners for this project. You have a week to hand this in before you brew the potion....

Macdonald and Lupin

Snape and Avery

Potter and Pettigrew

Evans and Mckinnon

Fortescue and Longbottom

Black and....Beaufort"

"Oh no" nine voices simultaneously spoke around the classroom when the last two names were read out for the partners. Sirius and I. This was fantastic, absolutely brilliant.
I reluctantly moved seats beside Sirius, knowing he wouldn't move and James had left their desk to be with Peter. We didn't speak for a few moments, just staring straight ahead whilst everyone else discussed what potion they would be studying.