❤︎sᴀʏ ʏᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ❤︎

𝕽emus groaned, eyes and heart burning mercilessly, bones heavy and throbbing as he steps up the last couple of steps towards his dorm, wanting nothing more than to sleep the rest of the day away

Slowly, he turns the knob of the door, trailing in and immediately shrugging off his robes and uniform, throwing on his favourite knitted sweater, just about covering his boxers. He pauses when he catches a furry sight on Sirius' bed, torn between laughing, crying and taking multiple photographs of the scene in front of him.

"Fucking love dogs" He whispers under his breath, eyeing the adorable way snoozing Goldie was curled into Padfoot, his head nestled against hers lazily lightly snoring, Magnolia laying on her back close by. It wasn't unusual to find the couple sleeping at odd hours of the day with Amore's condition, but it's usually Sirius, Amore and Magnolia, not Padfoot, Goldie and Magnolia.

They looked quite sweet that way, Remus decides, and the familiarity that reminds him of the scenes of the muggle film 'The Lady and the Tramp' which happens to be his mum's favourite film, almost makes him double over in laughter. Sirius was no tramp, anyone from the Wizarding World could tell you that, but he had to admit Padfoot was rather shaggy and scruffy and Goldie, was and always has been such a Lady.

Slumping down onto his own bed, he burrowed himself deep under the covers, staring up at the ceiling blankly until he feels two pairs of eyes prickling onto the side of his face. Indolently, he rolls his neck to the side to find the two animagi awake and blinking towards him, Magnolia still fast asleep with her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

"I'm not into staring competitions with dogs, thank you" He grunts out, returning his gaze towards the ceiling with a heavy heart, ignoring them both transforming back into their usual selves, Sirius remarking,

"Technically, you're a canine too, Moony"

I nudged him, eyebrows knitting together in concern when Remus didn't reply, his teeth grinding and jaw ticking occasionally. Sirius noticed too, that's what woke us up despite our heightened hearing — we could tell there was something wrong with our Moony.

"Are you—"

"Don't ask that question. Fuck— I hate that question" Remus cuts me off hurriedly, my lips sealing together, sharing a glance with Sirius, noticing his silver eyes gleaming with worry and concern, just like I presumed my chocolate ones were.

It was true. Remus loathed that question. The same question majority people will ask him whether if he looks sick and pale from the full moon or if he looks stressed or anxious. The moment the three words, 'Are you okay?' slips from someone's lips in question to him, he feels as though his entire facade crumbles and he could burst into tears, allowing that lump in his throat to grow until he can't breathe. So, yes, he tried to avoid that question at all times, whether he was okay or not.

"Moony, has something happened?" Sirius wonders, padding over towards his bed and perching on the side whilst I did the same to the other side, heart wrenching in my chest when his gentle, warm hearted honeycomb eyes glistened with a sheer layer of iced tears.