21 : Skeptical

Finally

Finally.....
F****ing finally, it's over.

I can't even begin to express the relief I'm feeling right now.

" YOOHOO......" Well, apparently he can express it.

It was our very own Avi, shouting at top of his lungs while running around the campus and tossing his notes in the air.

There weren't many students present around the campus, but the few that were present were looking at him like he was an alien.
Well, they aren't exactly wrong. They just need to get used to it.

"IT'S OVERRR......" He hooted again.
" BYE BYE NOTES " He screamed and threw his remaining notes in the air.

I walked toward him and slung my right arm around his shoulders and grinned at him.
" Avi? " I called.

He turned his head towards me with a huge grin on his face.

" You'll need those notes for the next semester. " I said.

He froze and then whispered in realization
" Oh, f**k "

Then he was running around the campus again, but this time it was to collect the notes that were flowing with the breeze.

I laughed and sat on our designated bench in the corner, under the willow tree.

I wanted to go home, more like run home, and spend time with Ana.
We both were so busy preparing for exams, that we hardly got to spend time with each other.
I was aching all over, just to be with her. Ughh...

But I can't leave this dumbhead Avi behind, especially when he's chasing those notes like you chase a chicken.

" DAMN IT! " He shouted again when he almost caught a paper, just for the wind to pick up speed and blow it further away.
I chuckled and shook my head.

After a few minutes and relaxed on the bench and leaned my head back, closing my eyes.
I was enjoying whatever peace I can get when a sniff broke me out of my rest.

I frowned and picked up my head and heard another whimper.

I sat straighter now and started to roam my eyes around to look for where the sound was coming from.
I heard another whimper, coming from behind the willow tree.

So I got up and slowly walked towards the sound, I didn't want to intrude on someone's vulnerable moment, just see if everything was okay and if they may be need help.

I snuck behind the tree and saw a figure crouching there.
It was a girl with her knees stuck to her chest, hands folded above it, and head buried in between. Her hair curtained her face.

I instantly recognized those red masses of hair.
Her body was wrecking from tiny sobs.
I would have thought of consoling her if it wasn't for her previous manipulative attempts. I was skeptical because of legit reasons.