25 : Christmas Party

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life

I couldn't have gotten a better gift than that.

The way the children's laughter was echoing in the backyard, and their faces were lighting up with extreme joy, brought such serenity to my heart, that can't be expressed in words.

The thought that you could do something as simple as spending time with them, to make them happy, is such a treasured feeling.

I've always had a soft spot for orphans, and wanted to do something for them, and I got the chance yesterday.
I cannot take the credit for it though. It was all done by these amazing people in my life.
By My Haans.
And I cannot thank them enough for that.

It was the afternoon of 25th December, and I was laying around on my bed, exhausted from yesterday's travel and all the fun we had with the kids.

" MIMI??? "

I jumped in fear.
" What the hell Piku? You scared me. "

" You haven't even had your bath yet. Just lounging around, classic Mimi. " Ritz said smirking.

I laughed proudly
" Thanks. So what are you guys up to? "

They glanced at each other and shook their heads.
" You forgot. " Piku said

" What? Did we have plans today? " I asked, confused.

" Mimi, it's the 25th," Piku said
I nodded
"University. Christmas . Party " she enunciated each word.

My eyes grew double
" Shit "

They nodded.

I did remember about the party when I woke up in the morning, but after I ate those heavenly noodles, made by Maa, I completely zoned out.

All I thought about while walking to my room was noodles.
How they are made, the different ways they can be prepared, and so on.
And I forgot about the party completely.

See what tasty food does to me?

" Get up, and go take a bath. " Ritz said.

I was walking toward the bathroom when
" And yes, Roshni forgot to tell us, but it's a 'couple entry'. In fact, it's always a couple entry, every year. " Ritz said

" Yeah, we came to know that most couples on campus are formed during this, so it's like a tradition of sorts. " Piku said.

" ok," I said

" You don't have a date, Mimi. " Ritz reminded me.

" Haans will be my date. Obviously. "

She nodded, but then suddenly smirked
" You know what, let's have some fun. "

Uh-oh
That smirk is dangerous.

" Mimi, come on, take a quick bath and be out. " Ritz commanded.

I just did as she said.